Injector cleaner do anything?

jeeeep

Hooked
Has anyone used Mopar CCC combustion cylinder cleaner? I've heard good things and watched a few you tube videos. Lotsa smoke after running spraying it down the throttle body and letting it sit for 6-8 hours to "dissolve " crud. Is it really burning out bad stuff or just burning the Mopar additive??

as sensitive as the Jeep system is, i don't think i'd spray anything down the TB. It's pretty easy to remove the TB and clean it out - imo removing it to clean it would be better than spraying any build up down into the engine.

i used to use TB cleaner direct on my older rigs and they would blow a lot of smoke as all the crud burned through but they weren't as sensitive as these new systems are.

WJCO

Meme King
I've never used the Mopar one but I have used a couple others that you run through the brake booster hose. They all smoke like crazy.

Drdiesel1

If you use top tier gas you don't need any additional additives

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

Oh!!! Is that right ? ;) Have a look at this turd. It's a VW 2.0L with direct injection.
It came into the shop for an MIL. It was missing on 3 and 4. The dealer put new plugs
and #3 and #4 ignition coils. The customer said it ran worse after they worked on it.

It took 2 days to soak this carbon enough to clean it. What a mess!

20160921_123829[1].jpg

Peak

The Royal Purple stopped some fuel pump noises with one bottle. I used it over a year ago and it hasn't came back. I continue to use it every other oil change. Seafoam is good too. I've seen people send it through vacuum lines.

Draconianwinter

I've used seafoam. Lucas made one car run like absolute crap for that tank and I've never bought it again. Since I traditionally only put shell or sunoco in my vehicles, it's probably snakeoil.
I used to use Lucas in a hot rod I had. It was a78 trans am with a 400 big block in it. The first time I ran it the thing smoked like hell, and ran like shit. After the first time it ran great. Supposedly it was due to the build up in the engine that it was cleaning out. I ran it every second oil change after that. My issue with these newer vehicles is all the electronics in them and how sensitive they are to pretty much anything. All these new things they put on these engines kind of makes me think I should have just kept my old cj. Lol

Sent from my SM-N920V using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom