Inner axle leak

JK12

That's why if it was me, I would "waste"the 300 bucks, mostly just to know for sure if the axle was bad

05 Tj, long arm, one ton, lockers, winches, 39.5" Iroks

I understand what you mean, I dont mean it as a waste of money but I might as well try it and get new seal and if it continues to leak ill be moving up to a prorock.:thumb:
Thank you for the help. I will see what happens and how much i get quoted for a repair cause in flagstaff the shops tend to charge out the a$$ for repairs.

Tcdawg

JK12 said:
I understand what you mean, I dont mean it as a waste of money but I might as well try it and get new seal and if it continues to leak ill be moving up to a prorock.:thumb:
Thank you for the help. I will see what happens and how much i get quoted for a repair cause in flagstaff the shops tend to charge out the a$$ for repairs.

Do it yourself. It's not hard, a little time consuming. There are write ups on how to make a press to put the seals back in.

Use OEM seals rather than Crown or Spicer. There is a big difference between them. The price difference is worth it.

HDGasser

Just did my passenger front a few weeks ago. Leak was bad enough just to make the C wet, never actually started dripping. Think the mopar seal was like $26, and I bought the damn $60 tool cause I'm not very delicate with things like this so I usually screw things up.

Couple hour job if you have stock axles and BJ's. Not hard at all just stinky. Hardest part is getting the spool in/out with out smashing the shit outta your fingers! Be carefull... It's a slippery lil booger!!

HDGasser

Just to get an idea of how bad this leak really is this is just over night... View attachment 56663

Damn... LoL

Time for a seal!!

This was mine a few weeks before I changed it.

224BFB32-1007-43B5-A00C-D4BBCF281B4E-34367-000003FA0F6FB077.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom