(Insert Cool Jeep Name Here) Build/Wishlist.

caminton

Cam, he does have a point here, between the MC lift and the King 2.5s, you are at 4 grand, when for the same 4 grand you can get the EVO enforcer pro that has the coilovers that you want and all required hardware / components to run them. IF, and that a big IF, you have done the research and are she h coilovers are the right decision for you, this makes more sense. But, for some people / situations, the coilovers aren't the right choice.

I am thinking coilovers in the distant future, IF I'm not pleased with the GameChanger lift and conventional shocks. I fully expect to be satisfied with the conventional shocks, mainly because this is still going to be a DD, and I don't plan on doing crazy stuff. That means that it would be $4k vs. $1850, which is a no brainer.

I guess I'm misunderstanding then. I thought the EVO bolt-ons were around $2k front and $2k rear.

WJCO

Meme King
Yeah. Is there something I'm missing?

That's a pretty big size even for a PR44. Eddie just went from 40s to 37s on Rubicat and stated that was one reason. He didn't break anything on the axle while running 40s to the best of my knowledge, but didn't want to either.

JK_Dave

Caught the Bug
I am thinking coilovers in the distant future, IF I'm not pleased with the GameChanger lift and conventional shocks. I fully expect to be satisfied with the conventional shocks, mainly because this is still going to be a DD, and I don't plan on doing crazy stuff. That means that it would be $4k vs. $1850, which is a no brainer.

If it helps anything, I have a 4-door with a 3.5" Gamechanger setup and OME shocks installed on my DD for 2 years. I think for the price of the kit and getting all new adjustable arms front and rear, new trackbars and extended brake lines, it is a good price for all the pieces you get. That being said, I don't consider myself fully satisfied with the ride. It's just too harsh for me and I have more weight than your 2-door.

If I had known what I knew now, I'd do a drag link flip and trackbar relocation brackets f/r, keep the stock track bars, replace the front lower arms only with adjustable arms to get my camber settings back to stock, get 3.5" coils and do the King 2.5" bypass shocks. Price would be a little bit more, but would ride a lot better. You could do King 2.0" and it'd be close in price to the MC kit.

TrainWreck618

Caught the Bug
I guess I'm misunderstanding then. I thought the EVO bolt-ons were around $2k front and $2k rear.

Your close. It's 3600 for the bolt on coilovers package.

The EVO enforcer pro comes with coilovers and front lower control arms and everything to hook it up for 4300

swampdog

If it helps anything, I have a 4-door with a 3.5" Gamechanger setup and OME shocks installed on my DD for 2 years. I think for the price of the kit and getting all new adjustable arms front and rear, new trackbars and extended brake lines, it is a good price for all the pieces you get. That being said, I don't consider myself fully satisfied with the ride. It's just too harsh for me and I have more weight than your 2-door.

If I had known what I knew now, I'd do a drag link flip and trackbar relocation brackets f/r, keep the stock track bars, replace the front lower arms only with adjustable arms to get my camber settings back to stock, get 3.5" coils and do the King 2.5" bypass shocks. Price would be a little bit more, but would ride a lot better. You could do King 2.0" and it'd be close in price to the MC kit.

Yet another real world example driving home the same point we all are.

DannyD

I second the fact that you should at least consider going right to the coilovers. I mean is it really worth spending 4 grand twice on suspensions that are really similar in height? I really don't mean to sound like a dick but could it be that you just have had your mind set on the metalcloak for so long that you feel like you need it lol. Again I'm just trying to help disregard if I just sound like an ass[emoji38]. IMO 4.5 is a ton of lift on a 2 door but if you like that and really know what your getting into good luck with the build!!

caminton

Your close. It's 3600 for the bolt on coilovers package.

The EVO enforcer pro comes with coilovers and front lower control arms and everything to hook it up for 4300

Yet another real world example driving home the same point we all are.

I guess my thing is that these aren't two similar kits at all. In an ideal world with an unlimited amount of money I would do the GameChanger kit with the bolt on coil overs. It would be overkill for what I want to use the jeep for, but I would do it, simply because of the ride quality coming from the coil overs.

caminton

I second the fact that you should at least consider going right to the coilovers. I mean is it really worth spending 4 grand twice on suspensions that are really similar in height? I really don't mean to sound like a dick but could it be that you just have had your mind set on the metalcloak for so long that you feel like you need it lol. Again I'm just trying to help disregard if I just sound like an ass[emoji38]. IMO 4.5 is a ton of lift on a 2 door but if you like that and really know what your getting into good luck with the build!!

Thanks, and this is a good point. I've had my mind made up on this for awhile, so I'm just being stubborn.

The main thing I'm looking at is all of the things that come in the MetalCloak kit that don't come in the enforcer kit.

swampdog

When you say the game changer kit with coilovers, you means arms and track bars? You don't run traditional coil springs with coilovers. It's an either or. The coilovers combine the shock and coil into one package.

TrainWreck618

Caught the Bug
I guess my thing is that these aren't two similar kits at all. In an ideal world with an unlimited amount of money I would do the GameChanger kit with the bolt on coil overs. It would be overkill for what I want to use the jeep for, but I would do it, simply because of the ride quality coming from the coil overs.

Your right, they are completely different kits. One is completely rebuild able and adjustable while on the Jeep, and you can accommodate different ride heights, 12" of true vertical travel, and tested like crazy with tons of support. The other is a 4.5" lift kit that will probably give you 5", with your choice of shocks that won't give you the same travel and were not designed to work with the other components.. for the same price if you go with decent shocks..

caminton

When you say the game changer kit with coilovers, you means arms and track bars? You don't run traditional coil springs with coilovers. It's an either or. The coilovers combine the shock and coil into one package.

Yes. I would run the entire setup minus the springs and shocks.

caminton

Because it sounds good. LOL

Seriously though, OP needs to look at my post above.

I've read it, and the only thing I can really think to say is that it's too harsh "for you." I've ridden in a 4 door with the same setup and I loved the ride.

JK_Dave

Caught the Bug
I've read it, and the only thing I can really think to say is that it's too harsh "for you." I've ridden in a 4 door with the same setup and I loved the ride.

That's fine if you loved it. I won't ask you to tell me how many other lift kits you've personally ridden in either for comparison sake to know it's the best. ;)

Just consider getting specific components even if you do go MC since you could still save a good amount of money. I promise the other 6 arms in the GC kit aren't worth the money you pay for them in a bolt-on short arm kit. Just tryin' to help a brother out.

Top Bottom