Installing corners and armor on body

StrizzyChris

Did they help your squeaky mattress?

Yes, but then I had some pop'n and clanging when there was...umm....full articulation and cycling. BUT that was all corrected with a set of these.

AGM-SLIDER-2.jpg

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
I would talk shit....but I'm sure Adam will bring up my coilovers that sat for almost 1.5years under my bed in the RV before I installed them :banghead:

I just don't think they look right on a 2 door is why ive been slacking on the install, plus need to make my own side plate for the genright first cuz I don't wanna drill more holes to mount it. They make rods to weld alum to steel...but I don't trust them enough.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
So did you just do the perimeter or coat the whole skin? I've got a pair coming from the fat man in a red suit this year and have wondered about this.

p.s. You and I use the same installation technique. I feel like Tom Sawyer whitewashing a fence sometimes.

I did all around the skin. The whole thing was coated.

KingCopperhead

I would put a lot of RTV on them. I think I used one tube on each skin when I installed mine. (And my I, I mean my friends as I stood there doing nothing)

I too, used this method. My friend explained it like this: it's a lot easier to drill into someone else's rig than your own. So now I owe him one.

KingCopperhead

Lol holes don't bother me. They had already installed a few sets though.

I don't think I'll shed any tears when it's time to do corner skins. Same boat here though. My friend had done armor installs before, knew how to use the nutsert tool and had nice drill bits. Next time I want to try it myself. Definitely helped to watch.

Panda

I too, used this method. My friend explained it like this: it's a lot easier to drill into someone else's rig than your own. So now I owe him one.

You got that right I love drilling holes in my friends jeeps, I hate drilling holes in mine :D

Panda

Thanks guys, truly one of the hardest mods I've done with the fitting, tail light rewire, license plate light redo and adding new reverse lights very time consuming :grayno:

Thanks guys, truly one of the hardest mods I've done with the fitting, tail light rewire, license plate light redo and adding new reverse lights very time consuming :grayno:

Let's not forget all the pretty colors on the radar you've had ALL FREAKING DAY. ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1418356822.713432.jpg

Top Bottom