Installing Rubicon Axles in JK sport

benatc1

Hooked
Just finished my swap last week.
You can run the factory harness on top of the differential to a switch. It just takes 12V power to engage the magnet. You don't need the indicator (plug towards the pinion) you can plug this with a bolt etc. The SPOD light will let you know when the locker is engaged. Other plug is for the ECU/dash lights.

**Edit: You don't need to run a relay if using the SPOD as the harness doesn't pull more than ~15amps of power.

is this the plug that you DO NOT need or the other one?

Attachments

• 1472944225188.jpg
    1472944225188.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 156

jorgelrod

Hooked
I do yes, and no i am not getting rid of it!! I just bought a 2016 Rubicon Unlimited and will be swapping over my PR44 to and rear axle to the new one and then installing the Rubicon Axles in my 2 door, and then selling the 2 door.

If you were gonna swap anyways, would it have been better to buy a 2016 Sport and use the difference in $$$ from the Rubicon on Mods??

NevadaZielmeister

Caught the Bug
If you were gonna swap anyways, would it have been better to buy a 2016 Sport and use the difference in $$$ from the Rubicon on Mods??

I would disagree, because then you still are driving a Sport, which has a much lower resale value. Better to get the Rubicon and then get some of your money back if need be. There are also a lot if extras with the Rubicon, such as front sway disconnect and transfer case, just to name a few.

QuicksilverJK

Caught the Bug
I would disagree, because then you still are driving a Sport, which has a much lower resale value. Better to get the Rubicon and then get some of your money back if need be. There are also a lot if extras with the Rubicon, such as front sway disconnect and transfer case, just to name a few.

I agree on the t-case and the sway bar.... But when it comes to resale value on a highly modified vehicle I think it is a moot point. No ones modifications are ever worth what they put into it to a perspective buyer, therefore on resale you will be getting screwed regardless of model. I do agree that you are better off buying the Rubicon regardless.

benatc1

Hooked

Mainly because I wanted the fancy Rubicon sticker! :crazyeyes: .. I went Rubicon because overall they are a lot nicer but mainly the transfer case, sway bar, and the parts that ill be swapping over (axles, wheels/tires/suspension) should bump my resale value a bit for my 2 door

^^this, hopefully i wont need to ever worry about resale!

I agree on the t-case and the sway bar.... But when it comes to resale value on a highly modified vehicle I think it is a moot point. No ones modifications are ever worth what they put into it to a perspective buyer, therefore on resale you will be getting screwed regardless of model. I do agree that you are better off buying the Rubicon regardless.

True on the resale, you lose so much money on your after market parts, hence why i bought and swapping the selling as close to stock as i can..with the Rubicon parts installed on my 2 door i hope to fall somewhere between the price range of a 2 door Rubicon and a 2 door sport for resale, but well see!

Rottenbelly

I did the sport instead of the rubicon and added rubi axles.
I just didn't want all the electronics of the rubicon. I got the old school roll up windows and was going to change out the stereo first thing anyways. Hate leather seats, and can always add seat heaters.
I picked up my 15 sport for 25k with 17k miles. Spent 4k on a set of rubi axles with 5:13 gears, sleeves, gussets and skids all done already.
Found a remanufactored rubi trans case for 1500.
So that put me at 31k. Left me alot of $ for more upgrades, bumper, winch, beadlocks, tires ,skids ,armor and lift.
I personally could care less about the swaybar. Quick disconnects work fine for me.
I feel like I came out good, plus I'm cheap and don't have deep pockets. Now I have the jeep where I can wheel it and save up for more goodies!

benatc1

Hooked
I did the sport instead of the rubicon and added rubi axles.
I just didn't want all the electronics of the rubicon. I got the old school roll up windows and was going to change out the stereo first thing anyways. Hate leather seats, and can always add seat heaters.
I picked up my 15 sport for 25k with 17k miles. Spent 4k on a set of rubi axles with 5:13 gears, sleeves, gussets and skids all done already.
Found a remanufactored rubi trans case for 1500.
So that put me at 31k. Left me alot of $ for more upgrades, bumper, winch, beadlocks, tires ,skids ,armor and lift.
I personally could care less about the swaybar. Quick disconnects work fine for me.
I feel like I came out good, plus I'm cheap and don't have deep pockets. Now I have the jeep where I can wheel it and save up for more goodies!

Nice! sounds like a good rig, I don't think there is really a wrong way to go, just different ways to get to the end!

Top Bottom