Instructions for evo Rock sliders

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Move it around a bit and it should fit tight. Mine looked like that and then I kept jiggling them and they got tight. They moved a touch when I had them welded and had a little gap but smaller than that.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

zimm

Caught the Bug
I got the leg by the gas tank flush, welded it, then clamp the hell out of the high spot on the other leg to get it close enough. You can fill in a bit of gap with weld. Or at least I did. It was my first welding job (besides an intro class) and they haven't fallen off yet.

You can see the vice grip clamp in the background of my welding selfie.

View attachment 301921

TrailHunter

Hooked
Heated up the flanges a bit then beat on them with a BFH... got the corner within a 16th.... I knew it wouldn’t move at the Gussets, but I can get a good bead now.

IMG_7860.jpg

IMG_7861.jpg

IMG_7862.jpg

JAGS

Hooked
Yup, those last pics will work. [emoji106]. We clamped mine but my gaps weren’t as big as your first set of pics.

TrailHunter

Hooked
Yup, those last pics will work. [emoji106]. We clamped mine but my gaps weren’t as big as your first set of pics.

Yeah, all 6 flange angles were a little off..... Just pounded them as close as I could around the edges and welded them up... Those sliders aren't goin anywhere.

Top Bottom