Is it worth going from 15/59 springs to 19/60 springs on a sahara?

USMC Wrangler

I know the amount of options can be overwhelming. This is my first Jeep and I have zero disappointments in the various EVO parts I have. The spacer lifts will give you the height they advertise, but I found the ride to be unchanged. Simply swapping the front coils made a noticeable difference in ride to me. I believe Trail Jeeps sells just the front coils for $189. Then you can decide on what rear spacer height you want/need.

gtony12

Caught the Bug
I am running Rubi coils 18/59 on my 2-door gained about 1.5" lift and I added a 2.5" BB lift. I used the rough country series II. I am running ranch rs5000's
Works great for me
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1444694372.208944.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1444694397.035170.jpg

Ryldup

Thinking I should at the very least, in the immediate time, pick up the Rubi shocks if I can get them for around $40. Cheap upgrade. Then try and decide this week which leveling kit to go with. I like the simplicity of the EVO, just like the Teraflex. But with the EVO, I could just keep the rear springs, adding a spacer to give it a bit more lift, and add the front coils from the EVO kit. And while I've got everything torn apart, add on the Rubi shocks to replace the stock Sahara shocks. I've got a little bit more time before I have to be back to work, and a buddy of mine has some time to help (and more tools and mechanical ability than me). Things could always change quickly between now and next week. Ha!

Ryldup

Thanks for the vote of confidence USMC Wrangler. I think this will set up nicely for when I have to get new tires in the spring. Will give me the gap to go up a couple inches in tire diameter. My 255/70/18's measure out to almost 31". Should make it easier to transition to some 275's.

mudmobeeler

Caught the Bug
I don't recall what springs I had on my 2008 wrangler but I put some 275s on it with the factory rims and Spydertrax 1.5 inch wheel spacers. I rubbed without the wheel spacers and the bigger tires and I also rubbed the fender flares I believe since I didn't have a lift. I know I rubbed something as I drove through a ditch and heard the distinct sound of rubbing. I didn't get out to look as I was on the fence about a lift and made up my mind that I would at the very least get a leveling kit.

If your going with 275s at some point and thinking about a winch, I would skip the spacers and go with the EVO leveling kit or the Rancho 2 inch kit. You will have about the same money in the EVO kit as you would the other springs and the level kit but you would gain more in the long run. You can get the Rancho kit with shocks also.

JAGS

Hooked
If you can get the Rubi shocks and springs for free, yup, pair that with a budget boost type set up and you're good for what you want to do. Save up for some tires and wheels. Once you get those, you can trim the fenders and you'll have a good looking rig. Ride quality/capability will be like a stock Rubi minus the lockers. That's a good ride on a budget.

Ryldup

I don't recall what springs I had on my 2008 wrangler but I put some 275s on it with the factory rims and Spydertrax 1.5 inch wheel spacers. I rubbed without the wheel spacers and the bigger tires and I also rubbed the fender flares I believe since I didn't have a lift. I know I rubbed something as I drove through a ditch and heard the distinct sound of rubbing. I didn't get out to look as I was on the fence about a lift and made up my mind that I would at the very least get a leveling kit.

If your going with 275s at some point and thinking about a winch, I would skip the spacers and go with the EVO leveling kit or the Rancho 2 inch kit. You will have about the same money in the EVO kit as you would the other springs and the level kit but you would gain more in the long run. You can get the Rancho kit with shocks also.

Most likely not gonna get a winch, honestly just not off roading that hard. At least not for a long while. Just like taking off the doors. That's way down the line. Really just getting it up off the ground a little more, and some bigger tires on stock 18" wheels in the spring.

Top Bottom