Is the OEM battery crappy?

Wethy

Odyssey batteries are on sale right now from their website. 20 percent off most models. I have looked around and they beat most places by at least 100 bucks. Don't know if they will ship to the Great White North though. You can always ask them in the morning.

2 years and 5 months right now. Kind of feel like I am pushing my luck.

My Nissan Frontier's battery made it almost 3 years to the day. Ran for over an hour during the day. Parked at 5:30 p.m. and at 3: a.m. Just a few clicks it was so dead.

Jeep just replaced mine on Wednesday, 19,500mi @ 1 year and 8 months.

Going to go with an Odyssey, trying to decide on twin 34s or a single 31.

Good to know maybe I will email them in the morning then. I guess another thing is say I do get the replacement will any battery work with a dual battery setup I think the genesis will allow odyssey as they can ship them with their kit but I'm wondering about others as well and with the exchange rate it might be just as cheap to get one up here I know a couple dealers who sell odyssey I also have a friend in the performance car audio business he once recommended me a shuriken battery it was like 1300cca ha ha so I may talk to him to see what he can find me too

SaddleTramp

As with anything, anything can break/quit/be defective but most have the idea that "cold" is hardest on batteries when the reality is "heat" and "load" is what kills batteries. All that said, hard to predict stock battery life due to different factors (heat, cold, load -winch, lights, fridge, etc.).

When I lived in Wyoming it was cold but a good battery would last 4-5 years. Now that I live in Vegas, a good battery is lucky to survive 2-3 years. Heat overall is what kills car batteries the most.

Wethy

As with anything, anything can break/quit/be defective but most have the idea that "cold" is hardest on batteries when the reality is "heat" and "load" is what kills batteries. All that said, hard to predict stock battery life due to different factors (heat, cold, load -winch, lights, fridge, etc.).

When I lived in Wyoming it was cold but a good battery would last 4-5 years. Now that I live in Vegas, a good battery is lucky to survive 2-3 years. Heat overall is what kills car batteries the most.

I definitely agree heat can kill anything. Something over heat and bam it's done! And here in Ontario winters can get down to -40C(-40F) and summers can get up to 40C(95F) So both factors can be hard on everything ha ha atleast that's my opinion. But I think it's kind of silly an OEM mopar battery from my 05 neon could/would last 9 1/2 years and my 14jk battery lasted one and a half ha ha but maybe it's a design/fluke oh wellllll

Edit: like anything on a jeep. When it breaks, upgrade right?!

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer

My factory battery sucks when it gets around -20

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
Interstate batteries sucked too though in North Dakota until I switched to synthetic oil, I was the only car that would start on campus at -30 to -50 below.

Yeah, I need to figure out what battery is best for this frozen tundra

JCDriller

I have seen others shoe horn a Group 31 Odyssey into the factory batter tray with just a little effort. Make some hold downs and relocate the evap thing that attaches next to the TIPM.

Top Bottom