is there an unlocked superchips for 2015/2016

lesterjanpearson

So I hear you need to send back the device to superchips to get unlocked. sounds weird.

but I live in the Philippines. gonna be hard to resend it back to US.

is there such thing as already unlocked one? like plug and play like other models?

xxJWPxx

If you want the performance tune options (Flashpaq 3876) then yes the only way to get them is to do an ECM swap. This is the same for other performance tuners as well.

For the speedo re-calibration, TPMS, gearing re-calibration etc. you do not need to do and ECM Swap if you get the 3571 Flashcal.

lesterjanpearson

I need the performance upgrade. such a bummer. is it possible to ECM swap with another vehicle of the same year model. and use it on mine?

CrazyTrainJK

Caught the Bug
I need the performance upgrade. such a bummer. is it possible to ECM swap with another vehicle of the same year model. and use it on mine?

I talked to one of the salesman from my local dealer and he talked about trying to get the charger ECM with the 3.6 and swap them out since the charger has more HP. I don't know if he ever did it but that might be something you could look into.

bthomas

I talked to one of the salesman from my local dealer and he talked about trying to get the charger ECM with the 3.6 and swap them out since the charger has more HP. I don't know if he ever did it but that might be something you could look into.

Somewhere, a few years ago, I read the 3.6 in the charger also uses a different cam, and intake to get the HP. I've got no clue on the ECM, sorry.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
So I hear you need to send back the device to superchips to get unlocked. sounds weird.

but I live in the Philippines. gonna be hard to resend it back to US.

is there such thing as already unlocked one? like plug and play like other models?

You do not need to send it back to get unlocked. They can log into the device when it's plugged into your computer and unlock it for you for about $100 last time I checked. Then you will be able to lock it to your jeep

lesterjanpearson

You do not need to send it back to get unlocked. They can log into the device when it's plugged into your computer and unlock it for you for about $100 last time I checked. Then you will be able to lock it to your jeep

Online sync/unlock would be really cool. I want to confirm this before moving forward with the purchase. shipping plus customs fees will kill me already lol. cant afford to re ship it.

According to Superchips you still have to swap the ECM. The online unlock is for when the unit locks out due to security. It won't work for first time use. They haven't cracked the 15/16 year ECMs yet. So still stuck replacing.

H8ROADS

Caught the Bug
There is no unlock online, you have to get a new unlocked ecm as had been mentioned, but you don't have to send yours in if you don't want to but it'll cost you about $400 USD more.

Top Bottom