Is this normal?

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
If everything is torqued down properly, and if the spacers are okay, it could be a bent axle flange.

Try running without the spacers, and see if there is a noise, or wobble.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

MSJKU11

Caught the Bug
If everything is torqued down properly, and if the spacers are okay, it could be a bent axle flange.

Try running without the spacers, and see if there is a noise, or wobble.

Is there a way to check? If that is the issue is the fix new shafts?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
Is there a way to check? If that is the issue is the fix new shafts?

If you jack it up with the wheels off, an spin the hubs, you can see slight lateral movement. I had that on another Jeep. It made a screeching notice at low speed, that began to sound like a chirp with increasing speed. It is very common, and the fix is new shafts.

MSJKU11

Caught the Bug
Okay I'll check. My noise is strange and have been unable to record it. Doesnt happen everytime and when it happens its when i let off the gas or applying the brake. Sounds like a squeak or sometimes like little something is rattling for a couple seconds then disappears.

MSJKU11

Caught the Bug
Not a bent flange. Sounds like ebrake hardware inside the rotor or possibly something with your main brake calipers.
Hmmm. I'm a little green to this. What can I do to diagnose it further? Take off the rotor and inspect the caliper for any damage?

Bierpower

Hooked
Hmmm. I'm a little green to this. What can I do to diagnose it further? Take off the rotor and inspect the caliper for any damage?

Your parking brake is a drum brake inside of the rear rotor. You can pull the caliper and rotor and see if there is any build up on the inside of the rotor. If rust in there builds up, it can grab the parking brake shoes and jerk the springs. That's kind of what that sound seem like.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using WAYALIFE mobile app

MSJKU11

Caught the Bug
So I think I found my noise. Apparently my exhaust pipe coming out of the muffler to the rear was loose and was vibrating on the rear bumper. Pushed it back into the muffler a good inch and seems the noise is gone. Thanks for all the help guys, glad it wasn't anything wheel related.

Top Bottom