It would be nice to have 2.8 L diesel.

cuongdyna

Or an LS / Genright 2nd fuel tank combo...

I take it you're interested in the new JL Wrangler coming out? I like the idea of the EcoDiesel option and would have gotten it when I bought mine had it been available. Just not sure I'd trade what I have now to get it.

I paid more attention to fuel mileage now that we own a Prius. I can't believe how often I'm at the gas station with my JK. How much I paid in fuel a week. The Prius gets 46 to 48 mpg. The JK 14 to 15 mpg. :sly: I like my JK but the diesel would get better fuel mile and low end TQ that would be nice.

Last edited:

cuongdyna

So I bought the 2016 Colorado diesel a month ago. Took it on a 2800 miles road trip. So I can said is wow and to bad this motor is not in my JKUR. 30-31 mpg at 70 mph. 26-27 mpg at 77 mph. 369 TQ at 2000 rpm help It stay in 6 gear on the high way and it didn't matter what Hills or Mountain I was driving through.

Hope to lift it and tires in several months.

Last edited:

geberhard

Douchebag
We got a chance to meet and wheel along the Rubicon this month a group from Belgium. They shipped their Diesel JK's over to run the trail and back.

The jeeps are very close to stock overall (from what they mentioned not many modifications allowed on the cars in Belgium such as lifts etc). The jeeps went through the trail without any issues. The diesel sound was distinctive but super quiet, and aside form the CRD logo on the rear of the jeeps, and euro bumpers, it was hard to notice any other major differences, and they were all extremely happy on how the Jeeps drove on and off-road.

Some pics:

belgiumjk5.jpg belgiumjk4.jpg BELGIUMJK3.jpg BELGIUMJK2.jpg BELGIUMJK.jpg

Top Bottom