It's not a tumor (well, it is)

Chiromancer

Huzzah! Surgery is done and is appears the nerve damage is negligible. I have some mild-moderate numbness along my tricep and much of my forearm that they expect to get better.

We haven't done the strength testing between the hands, but it is still fully functional and strong! I may have diminished strength in my pinky finger, but I'll take it! My overall grip is a little weaker, I believe, but not likely enough to stop me from being able to practice chiropractic or otherwise work.

They were able to keep my clavicle intact and made their incision in my neck rather than from underneath. My SCM muscle attachment to the clavicle was cut to gain access, but they repaired it.

I had a little post op issues with oxygen and blood pressure, but once that stabilized, I stopped having these little mini-seizures/posturing.

Much of the tumor was very cystic and not fibrous as they were expecting. So, instead of coming out in a single large piece, it "crumbled" but they were able to bring it out one bit at a time. I'm waiting to get an MRI so they can evaluate how much, if any, of the tumor remains.

I am so fortunate that I came to the Mayo Clinic as the doctor I saw is one of 4-5 who are so specialized in the brachial plexus he was able to quickly adapt and not damage any of the nerves, even though this went from an "unremarkable" procedure as he described it before hand to one that made him rise to the challenge.

Thanks for all your prayers and well-wishes!

Oh, the night before the surgery, I had a neat drab of Johnnie Walker Blue to get me ready... Highly recommended course of action, lol

i am very glad to hear everything went well!!! i know that your positive attitude towards everything had something to do with it. :beer:

andrew -

Top Bottom