It's not easy being Green...Round 1....

TarheelVeteran

After some discussion and selling my kid to a Vietnamese shoe factory... I present Round 1....

3in Rancho Trail System lift, RS9000 shocks, Mickey MTZs 315x70x17, XD801 "crank" wheels, Superchip Flashpaq, Banks Cold Air Intake and state of the art security system by "Rotty"

1779340_10200628237388020_1619262615_n.jpg 1798566_10200628234827956_1050096398_n.jpg

TarheelVeteran

love the new look man! hows the ride with the 3 inch and 35s?

Honestly? Out-Freakin-Standing....I set the RS9000's to middle of the road and I get good control offroad and I don't get beat up on the highway.. I absolutely love the Rancho Trail System kit... and for the price, I would agree with Eddie and say it's one of, if not the, best kit available....

I'll have to see what happens when I add a heavier bumper and winch.. but couldn't be happier for now....

TarheelVeteran

Nice rig sir. You looking to get out to Uwharrie at all this summer?

Oh absolutely!!! I think the first event is April 5th at Uwharrie... there's a couple of meet and greets before hand with the various NC groups (Carolina Trail Stalkers, Hardcore Jeepers, Southern Appalachian Trail Team, NC 4X4...etc.) Not sure if you're in a group.. but you can find me on Facebook if you have it and you can see many of the upcoming events...

Just let me know if you want to connect on FB...

I'm also ready for Eddie to get white WAL stickers too.. =)

We need a Wayalife chapter here in NC....

turnerbjt

How is the flashpaq working for you with your current set up? I just ordered one today and looking forward to see what it can do with my Sahara and the low RPMs at certain times, it feels like I'm lugging when i'm driving in the 25 to 45 mph range. I have 3.21 gears and i wanted to see if the flashpaq helps before I consider regearing.
Thanks

JK_Dave

Caught the Bug
Oh absolutely!!! I think the first event is April 5th at Uwharrie... there's a couple of meet and greets before hand with the various NC groups (Carolina Trail Stalkers, Hardcore Jeepers, Southern Appalachian Trail Team, NC 4X4...etc.) Not sure if you're in a group.. but you can find me on Facebook if you have it and you can see many of the upcoming events...

Just let me know if you want to connect on FB...

I'm also ready for Eddie to get white WAL stickers too.. =)

We need a Wayalife chapter here in NC....

I should probably get in a group at some point. You have any thoughts on a good one? You can PM me your info so I don't clog up this thread.

How is the flashpaq working for you with your current set up? I just ordered one today and looking forward to see what it can do with my Sahara and the low RPMs at certain times, it feels like I'm lugging when i'm driving in the 25 to 45 mph range. I have 3.21 gears and i wanted to see if the flashpaq helps before I consider regearing.
Thanks

I know you weren't asking me, but my experience with it was good. Don't expect to feel it a ton if you're doing the performance tune, but it is slightly noticeable. If you're doing it to correct your speedo, you'll likely get more out of it.

TarheelVeteran

Thanks

I'm sure there are more experts than me, but I think with the 3.21 and 33's you're gonna be "sluggish" until you go 3.75 or 4.10. The Flashpaq tunes will help a little, especially the 91 tune because it keeps your RPMs slightly higher. But in the end, I think you'll have to regear if you do any sort of trail riding.

VictoryUSA

Just curious if you kept your chrome headlight bezels on... mine had those when I bought it. Didn't think much of it until a fellow Jeeper shielded his eyes when I passed him by. I suddenly realized... Kind of funny actually. Had the chrome tail light covers also. I was in the library one day and glanced out a window catching a view of the rear... 'that's a strange looking vehicle' I thought (seriously, no kidding) 'Holy cow that's my Jeep!' No kidding, they had to go as well... :shock:

TarheelVeteran

Just curious if you kept your chrome headlight bezels on... mine had those when I bought it. Didn't think much of it until a fellow Jeeper shielded his eyes when I passed him by. I suddenly realized... Kind of funny actually. Had the chrome tail light covers also. I was in the library one day and glanced out a window catching a view of the rear... 'that's a strange looking vehicle' I thought (seriously, no kidding) 'Holy cow that's my Jeep!' No kidding, they had to go as well... :shock:

Ya know? I was ADAMANT about them coming off once I put the lift/wheels/tires on my JK... but once I got the XD Wheels, the "XD" is in chrome.. so it actually doesn't look all that bad.. Plus it the darker green...As of now...they're still there...plus they're Putco and still in perfect condition... but who knows what will happen when I wake up tomorrow.. lol

I'll post a front end pic later to show the front with the new wheels/tires/lift

Top Bottom