It's time to get started!

Benito

Caught the Bug
Reminiscing through this build thread, the things I miss from this jeep: 1)the color matched Crawler Concept Fenders, they gave the jeep a super clean look, I only got them for aesthetics and they were totally worth it. 2) it may have been the time, blood, sweat spent on installing it but I really do miss the Poison Spyder Trail Cage. I took a lot of time trim all the plastic to keep as much of the factory look on the inside, and it was color matched as well. It added a lot of character to the interior and though I only appreciated it most for aesthetic reason, I'm sure it would do well in serving its purpose if called upon. I see another one of these in my future. 3) the 6-speed manual transmission. When people would talk about how much of a dog the 3.6 was, even though it was an improvement over the 3.8, I never understood them, I thought mine did great, until I got the automatic... then understood what everyone talked about. I like having all the control of the vehicle and jeep really couldn't interfere with what you were doing. Driving the automatic isn't as fun and I hate the shift points, I find my self driving it in manual mode and even then the computer will down shift it whenever going up a slight incline, it's annoying and instead of just going to from 5th to 4th it goes all the way to 3rd which is unnecessary. I hope whoever finds this Jeep is able to resolve the electrical issues it had. With the addition of rear 2" bump stops, and adjusting the steer stops someone could throw on a set of 37x12.5 tire w/ wheels that have 3.5" backspace and have no issues mall crawling.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
Reminiscing through this build thread, the things I miss from this jeep: 1)the color matched Crawler Concept Fenders, they gave the jeep a super clean look, I only got them for aesthetics and they were totally worth it. 2) it may have been the time, blood, sweat spent on installing it but I really do miss the Poison Spyder Trail Cage. I took a lot of time trim all the plastic to keep as much of the factory look on the inside, and it was color matched as well. It added a lot of character to the interior and though I only appreciated it most for aesthetic reason, I'm sure it would do well in serving its purpose if called upon. I see another one of these in my future. 3) the 6-speed manual transmission. When people would talk about how much of a dog the 3.6 was, even though it was an improvement over the 3.8, I never understood them, I thought mine did great, until I got the automatic... then understood what everyone talked about. I like having all the control of the vehicle and jeep really couldn't interfere with what you were doing. Driving the automatic isn't as fun and I hate the shift points, I find my self driving it in manual mode and even then the computer will down shift it whenever going up a slight incline, it's annoying and instead of just going to from 5th to 4th it goes all the way to 3rd which is unnecessary. I hope whoever finds this Jeep is able to resolve the electrical issues it had. With the addition of rear 2" bump stops, and adjusting the steer stops someone could throw on a set of 37x12.5 tire w/ wheels that have 3.5" backspace and have no issues mall crawling.

I agree about the transmission. The most aggravating thing, to me, is not being able to hold a gear, while bump shifting. Pulling that travel trailer, I'd put it in 4th, in a perfectly good rpm range, and it would drop into 3, and rev like hell. I hear they are easier to wheel off road, though.

Top Bottom