I've done lost my mind and moving to Alaska!!! Oh and bought a new Jeep :)

Conman

I have the opportunity to take my wife and my 2 kids and head up to Northern California and live at the base of the sierras. Been in Orange County my whole life and I need a change.

Good luck to you guys. Be safe and enjoy the journey.
Alaska is a sweet place. You will love it.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
I am kind of jealous of this! Good luck to you two and congrats on the new rig. I hope to "start over" soon too.

10frank9

Web Wheeler
Awesome!

Congrats on making such a huge decision. Most of us, who are for lack of a better term, planted would love to do what you're doing. Takes a heavy set of boys, but I commend you. Nice looking JKU BTW.

StrizzyChris

Congratulations on the change! It'll be the best experience of your life whether you stay there or not! Good luck!

Sent from a migrant connectivity device

Chiromancer

I finally move to central Texas (Austin)... Finally get a jeep... And find out two of the few Jeepers in central TX is moving to Alaska! Well, best of luck to you all the same... Before you go, wanna hit some trails?

catahoula

Caught the Bug
Congrats and welcome to a Wayalife.

My wife and I did the same 5 years ago we started over. I was 39 and we sold our 3000 sq ft house with contents in Nebraska and moved to South Carolina in condo that has around 1345 sq ft on beautiful Lake Murray. I don't have a boat. Got friends that do. Found different jobs in different fields. We don't have two legged kids just our four legged hairy ones. Now we are in the process of building a cabin in North Carolina that's less than 1000 sq ft and will eventually move in there if all goes well. Have traveled even more since being down here and craving more. Everybody thought we were crazy now I have realized that they are the crazy ones for staying. I have found that having less is more. Do not regret it. Life is short and can throw curve balls. Good luck!:thumb:

Jeep du Boy

Except for a little deployment to the Pentagon, my Sis has been livin in Anchorage since the early 90s. I visited once, loved it. Make sure you have some guns for Bear Spray!

'11 Mango Tango Unlimited.
American by Birth, Veteran so my family lives free.

BR0KEN Y0KE

If you love the outdoors you won't regret it, I've been here since 2002. I've driven the alcan 4 times and I still haven't seen everything. Take your time and enjoy the drive.....

You call him Dr. Jones lady!!!

Chairokey

Just an update. We have our house taken care of. Last day of work is the 22nd of march. We'll tie up some loose ends and hit the road the last week of April.

Can't express how excited I am :)

Chairokey

I am envious. WE keep trying to figure out how to do the same thing, just pack up and move.

It's easy if you have no kids and your willing to risk it all :). We have a few months worth of bills saved up (jeep, insurance, and phones) and my sister is letting us have her place until we're on our feet. But without that, I don't think I could have done it..

Chairokey

So through no convincing of my own, today my wife told me that we need to get new tires, chains, and a winch for those treacherous Alaskan roads lol :D

Green light :p

Tackerdown

Banned
So through no convincing of my own, today my wife told me that we need to get new tires, chains, and a winch for those treacherous Alaskan roads lol :D

Green light :p

Man that's definitely a keeper .:thumbup:

Sent from my PC36100 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom