J13 IOD-MAIN Fuse?

Spazbyt

Hooked
Does anyone know what exactly this fuse is for? I have a 2 Amp parasitic draw from it. It's a 60amp fuse.

Last edited:

Spazbyt

Hooked
From what I have gathered It controles all the Ignition Off systems but I'm not sure where to start. I just recently had the airbags replaced for a recall and I'm hoping it's not related.

Spazbyt

Hooked
2 amp draw? That’s way high. Your testing with doors closed and keys outside of the Jeep right?
Its actually a little over 2 amps! The doors and top are off. I think the key was in the front seat while I was testing last night. I didn't even think about that! I tried waiting a few minuts so things would go to "sleep" Should I manually close the door switches or can I wait till it goes to "sleep"? I just got a roll cage installed, also the dealership had the whole dash out for airbags so pretty much every wire in the jeep has been thoroughly fucked with at this point. I'm going to get some alligator clamps for my voltmeter so I'm not fiddle fricken with those half the time.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Its actually a little over 2 amps! The doors and top are off. I think the key was in the front seat while I was testing last night. I didn't even think about that! I tried waiting a few minuts so things would go to "sleep" Should I manually close the door switches or can I wait till it goes to "sleep"? I just got a roll cage installed, also the dealership had the whole dash out for airbags so pretty much every wire in the jeep has been thoroughly fucked with at this point. I'm going to get some alligator clamps for my voltmeter so I'm not fiddle fricken with those half the time.
I would put the doors back on and make sure they are closed and key is out. Then when checking amperage draw that your checking with your meter being inline between the negative cable and the battery post. Watch the amperage over a 30 min timeframe. Should be less than 400 mA

Spazbyt

Hooked
Ok, last night I put the doors back on and charged the battery. I locked the doors and removed the key for more than 12 hours. I'm still pulling 2 amps. I pulled the head unit and that dropped the amps down to 1.15 but I'm not sure why the head unit would be pulling an amp by itself when the ignition is off. I disconnected aftermarket electronics to no avail. I'm replacing the battery just to eliminate that variable. The dealership replaced the re circulation door actuator on the climate control when they were doing the air bags I'm going to see if that motor is constantly trying to reset tonight.

Anything elese you guys can think of let me know, I'm searching for a needle in a hey stack here.

Top Bottom