January 25th trip to Rausch Creek.

Wow, that's a biggun. Where are you planning on mounting it? A handful of east coast guys (myself included) run a Cobra 75WXST and I'd be happy to field any questions based solely on my experiences with it.

I was gonna mount above the rearview mirror. I didn't measure yet but I'm assuming it'll fit. ill check out the 75wxst though!

A 35 nitro Trail is bigger than a 315 by about 1/4" . Just went through that and have a set coming from DTD.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Nbruno is correct :)

although it is bigger unmounted i thought that once mounted they would be smaller? i know my 315/75r16 mud grapplers measure at just over 34" and read multiple times of an advertised 35" tire being more like 33" when mounted. can you guys clear this up a little for me

I was gonna mount above the rearview mirror. I didn't measure yet but I'm assuming it'll fit. ill check out the 75wxst though!
It'll fit up there & will work great I'm sure. The 75wxst is just another way to skin the same cat. They both do about the same thing, it's just the size/style/mounting that's different. I don't think you can go wrong with either product in terms of functionality.

5542342147_cd683b449a_z.jpg
Image from wranglerforum.com

It'll fit up there & will work great I'm sure. The 75wxst is just another way to skin the same cat. They both do about the same thing, it's just the size/style/mounting that's different. I don't think you can go wrong with either product in terms of functionality.

View attachment 62096
Image from wranglerforum.com

yea I hear ya, there's a cb shop near me so ill probably just get one of those 2. it looks good tucked up there though. other than the cb I need a firestik correct or something equivalent?

yea I hear ya, there's a cb shop near me so ill probably just get one of those 2. it looks good tucked up there though. other than the cb I need a firestik correct or something equivalent?

Yep. Do yourself a favor and get a short antenna with a spring. There is no need to have one thats any taller than your Jeep (unless you're using it for more than wheeling) and if you do go with a short one a spring is good to keep you from ruining your mount.

The problem with tall antennas is

1. It makes my Jeep look like an RC Car.

2. It hits EVERYTHING!!!!!!!!! ie. parking garages

3. If you have a tall enough one and have a spring it will swing around and slap the spare tire while going down the highway

You'll need...
  1. a CB
  2. 18' or so feet of cable
  3. CB Antenna
  4. Antenna mount
  5. Antenna Spring

You don't need an antenna spring, but I would use one especially if you are running a shorter antenna. I snapped a few antenna studs before I picked one up.

You'll need...
  1. a CB
  2. 18' or so feet of cable
  3. CB Antenna
  4. Antenna mount
  5. Antenna Spring

You don't need an antenna spring, but I would use one especially if you are running a shorter antenna. I snapped a few antenna studs before I picked one up.

ill be sure to get a spring. I only plan on using it when wheeling. so when purchasing the cb your strictly just getting the cb? I'm hoping to have my genright carrier on soon so I'm not 100% on placement of the antenna mount? anyone running that rear carrier?

ill be sure to get a spring. I only plan on using it when wheeling. so when purchasing the cb your strictly just getting the cb? I'm hoping to have my genright carrier on soon so I'm not 100% on placement of the antenna mount? anyone running that rear carrier?

carrier I run, and for the cb is mounted on the cooltec mount on the gate. there isnt really a spot on the carrier to put an antenna on. I would go with a quick disconnect rather than a spring if your only going to run it on the trails.

the cooltec kit is what I went with and use the 75wxst or whatever it is. Great handheld control and super small plus the weather is a nice touch. I am going to switch to a larger cb i think tho once I mount my cage since Ill have a spot for it.

I have seen some people mount them to the license plate box if you still have it in the stock location. Not really sure how that works though. There are also tail light mounts. The options are endless. :crazyeyes:

although it is bigger unmounted i thought that once mounted they would be smaller? i know my 315/75r16 mud grapplers measure at just over 34" and read multiple times of an advertised 35" tire being more like 33" when mounted. can you guys clear this up a little for me

anyone want to answer this and help a brother out?

I have seen some people mount them to the license plate box if you still have it in the stock location. Not really sure how that works though. There are also tail light mounts. The options are endless. :crazyeyes:
True story. You can basically use any flat spot or add on an L bracket with a hole drilled in it. If you have noooo idea and aren't ready to commit, slap a magnetic mount K-40 on your hood for the trip until you figure out what you want to do in the long term. $30 Magnetic Antenna (includes 15' of cable)

it doesnt answer my question tho as to why it is higher unmounted but less than my 315 mounted.
Is the load range the same for the two? If one has a stiffer sidewall, perhaps it's supporting the full load at a greater overall diameter? What about air pressure? Identical air pressure in each tire?

Top Bottom