JCR vs Crawler Conceptz Body Mounted Tire Carrier

FishsJK

I just took two Rotopax L brackets and welded them to a piece of six inch 1/4" plate. Then through bolted it to the CC mount in the open holes above the spare mount bracket.

That exhaust is bad ass!!! Too bad I need my hitch [emoji17]

Petzl88

I'm looking at getting one of these. How do you think they will hold up to direct tire hits while dropping off ledges?

Dubaibentzen

I just took two Rotopax L brackets and welded them to a piece of six inch 1/4" plate. Then through bolted it to the CC mount in the open holes above the spare mount bracket.

Thats is just the solution I have been looking for :thankyou:
Can you post a photo from the driver side? And maybe a close up of the bracket itself that you made? Looks badass :thumb:

JohnnyWest

Can you post a photo from the driver side? And maybe a close up of the bracket itself that you made? Looks badass :thumb:

No problem. My son has it at college, but he should be home this weekend. I'll get some close up shots of what we did.

@Joelhita nice 2 door, that cc tire carrier is exactly what I have been looking for. Plan on stretching my 2 door so this is perfect.

SDHobbs

It looks good and I like it. What do you think about the way the tire was bending forward in the video? Will it hold up you think?

I think that might be by design, watch the install video on CC's channel, they talk about how the bracket that holds the tire works.

JKU EXTREME

I think that might be by design, watch the install video on CC's channel, they talk about how the bracket that holds the tire works.

Yes, the install video shows that the plate that holds the tire is designed move slightly up upon an extreme load to prevent breakage of the entire carrier. And if it does brake it is cheaper to replace than the entire carrier

TFD

I've had the cc carrier for 3 months now. It's been holding up great and doesn't make a sound.

JohnnyWest

That exhaust is bad ass!!! Too bad I need my hitch [emoji17]

Thanks, yeah, if I didn't have the other Jeep with a hitch, this wouldn't work out for me either.

Is the tyre centred on the rear of the jeep with both of these?

Yes, it is right in the center.

I'm looking at getting one of these. How do you think they will hold up to direct tire hits while dropping off ledges?

I've hit mine a few times and haven't had an issue, but nothing real hard.

Petzl88

Yes, the install video shows that the plate that holds the tire is designed move slightly up upon an extreme load to prevent breakage of the entire carrier. And if it does brake it is cheaper to replace than the entire carrier

Ok. So that is probably it. I watched the video with the sound muted at work. I will check it out now. Either way, it seems nice.

JohnnyWest

My son didn't come home this weekend. Here are some pictures I found.

Hopefully these will help. If not. He comes home for the summer next Friday and I can get some better pictures.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1465176849.111608.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1465176873.707453.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1465176903.518880.jpg

Dubaibentzen

Top Bottom