JcrOffroad Front Stubby Bumper

texasdave

Now I'm trying to decide if I want to run my skid or not. I like how yours looks.

Sent from my iPhone somewhere in Texas.
Semper Fi!

willfarrell

Looks good. Have you considered cutting off that lower bar for better approach angle? I know some bumpers require you to do so, and if you're not running the skid there really is no reason for it to be there

I am considering it. Right now it is "kind of" protecting sway bar disconnect motor. If or When I make a skid plate that will be coming off. This is one more item for my todo list.

Briguy114

I am considering it. Right now it is "kind of" protecting sway bar disconnect motor. If or When I make a skid plate that will be coming off. This is one more item for my todo list.

There are also a few companies that make a swaybar motor relocate that basically rotates it up and out of the way. Just a thought

willfarrell

I had forgot about rotating the motor up. Thanks for the information. I watched there video and have a question. What is different about there bolt and the factory bolt? It looks the same, except for washer. Why not do the rotation and reuse factory bolt?

Briguy114

I'm not sure what makes it different. Looks like it may be a little bit longer to reach the new hole and also looks like the bolt is only threaded up to a certain point

jeeeep

Hooked
I had forgot about rotating the motor up. Thanks for the information. I watched there video and have a question. What is different about there bolt and the factory bolt? It looks the same, except for washer. Why not do the rotation and reuse factory bolt?

The bolt they make is all one piece design with the shoulder thicker for a better fit. The stock bolt won't work. You can get a longer bolt and try to find a sleeve to make the shoulder thicker. I've seen some guys run a longer bolt but the shoulder is too thin and IMO allows to much movement in the rubber portion of the disco...

69mach1

I had an LOD mid width (liked the low winch mounting) but wanted a narrower bumper for playing in the rocks. I like the JCR, solid built, so far no issue with over heating due to the placement of the winch. I didn't want to give up my factory fog lights:brows:

JCR.jpg

Briguy114

I had an LOD mid width (liked the low winch mounting) but wanted a narrower bumper for playing in the rocks. I like the JCR, solid built, so far no issue with over heating due to the placement of the winch. I didn't want to give up my factory fog lights:brows:

JCR.jpg

How big is that light bar on the bumper?

Top Bottom