Jeep camping essential gear

Magilla

I have always camped out of a truck, usually with a toy box camper, and carried 3 metric tons of gear. Full size grill, 2 hammocks, etc... Now that I'm planning camping with my JKU and space is limited, I was wondering what you carry for a week in the bush?:thinking:

Rugged4

About a year ago I combined my camping gear with my backpacking gear and freed up a bunch of space. I ditched my full size grill for a burner and a hot cup for boiling water. I use a tent but am looking at the tent for the hard top. Usually pack a big cooler, it gets stupid hot in TX so it helps prevent things that shouldn't melt from melting. I bought new camp chairs from REI that fold down to a tenth of the size of normal chairs. Hammock is a must. I have my water pump filter for filtering park or lake water. Really I ditched my luxury camping gear and just use my pack for storage of all needs. The back of my Sahara is cooler, pack, chairs and recovery gear. It's nice because if we park somewhere and want to walk in further we can. Btw there is 4 of us.

Webe

Gear

I guess if I'm going to hang out with this crew I better uprade. My norm is sleeping bag with bivy cover and a cooler.:crazyeyes:

Jkzinger

Caught the Bug
Get the ARB Fridge cooler. Expensive, but worth every penny. One of the best mods I have done. You can feast on gourmet food while camping for a week!
:beer::thumb:

TRAUMAhead

I'm a backpacker before a Jeeper, so my gear list is pretty minimalist. My kit not counting consumables (TP, food, etc.) is 10lbs. :crazyeyes: If I'm car camping, the only thing I'll bring extra is a chair.

Pretty much just a tarp, bivy, sleeping pad, sleeping bag, cooking pot, stove, 2 water bottles, headlamp.

Everything fits into this pack:
7298848044_a4a6e2d5f0_b.jpg

Sleeping setup:
8849859827_d70b179a95_b.jpg

Top Bottom