Jeep JK HEMI/LS Swaps

Siebermd

I am also in the market of doing a hemi swap, I would consider a LS but i dont think there is a shop near NC that performs them. The nearest shop to me only performs hemi swaps or supercharger installs. It just a tough call to make spending that type of money $25-30k for a motor/tranny swap or do you save the money put in a fresh 3.8 and supercharger.

Check out "Rubitrux" They are in NC.

Rubiconsean

Thanks for the input y'all...I would be doing this myself. Hoping to save some money. I'm starting to Lean towards the 6.2 ls... Can't wait to start.. Il post pics as I begin the progress toward having a 6.2 JK!

I think from a reliability standpoint for me its between a hemi or ls motors. From a cost standpoint just doing a new long block install and throw a supercharger on it would save a bunch of money.

I'm roughly looking at 30k to do a 5.7 hemi swap with a auto conversion at Rubitrux. It looks like I would come out a little cheaper to ship my jeep to motech and have them perform the 6.0 ls swap and ship the jeep back to me. I am still doing the homework and wont make the decision until Oct/Nov timeframe of this year.

$30,000 to swap a 5.7 hemi... You're getting bent over son:shock:

g00se04

$30,000 to swap a 5.7 hemi... You're getting bent over son:shock:

I think it plays out like this... 5.7 swap ~$24k but that doesnt include a tranny which is like $2k and since my jeep is currently a 6spd I would have to pay them to swap it. So $30k is at the high end but still a big jump compared to the ls.

DWiggles

Caught the Bug
Ive had a V8 on the back burner for quite some time... Still holding out, but this thread has brought back the dreaming. I keep searching and looking for my dream setup. Of course, this will be down the road. Im thinking i will go with a 6.2 LS3, But Unlike everyone else (it seems) I think I want to stay with the manual trans. But I'm not sure how that is all going to work out. Anyone know of a build with a manual Trans? besides the SEMA hellcat?

Last edited:

Jackal01

What kinda total cost ballpark would be to DIY with crate 6.2L, and everything to go with it? Around $15k (one figure I have seen before on motor swap website years ago).

DWiggles

Caught the Bug
What kinda total cost ballpark would be to DIY with crate 6.2L, and everything to go with it? Around $15k (one figure I have seen before on motor swap website years ago).
Swap in your crate cost and drop the atlas? :thumb: *Eddies break down

LS-cost.png

Looks like close to 7k + the engine and trans. its not really THAT bad if you can do the work. But my biggest fear would be spending time and money, and then get everything buttoned up and it not start... then the whole diagnose process on a swap... yuck. It was hard as hell to get Mark's LS swapped 240 to turn over... but then again, his wiring harness was also DIY... Nightmares!!!

Last edited:

Jackal01

Swap in your crate cost and drop the atlas? :thumb: *Eddies break down

View attachment 210366

Looks like close to 7k + the engine and trans. its not really THAT bad if you can do the work. But my biggest fear would be spending time and money, and then get everything buttoned up and it not start... then the whole diagnose process on a swap... yuck. It was hard as hell to get Mark's LS swapped 240 to turn over... but then again, his wiring harness was also DIY... Nightmares!!!

Not bad. My father in law is building an old Chevy in his garage right now. Years in the making but it's a hobby. I would think him and I could do it.

Top Bottom