Jeep name origin stories

JagJeeper

There is usually a story behind a Jeep name. Here's mine:
1941 Jeep was introduced to Army. In 1941 Army-Airforce introduced a twin engine bomber the B-26 Marauder. I'm active duty USAF so it fit. Had a vanity tag while living in Ohio but when I went active-duty changed to my home of record Florida. That tag was taken in FL. So I got creative. Did pixeldecals.com like most then had an artist take pictures of my GF and make a patriotic pin-up illustration. (Here's hoping it works out)

Love to here your Jeep name origin story

FB_IMG_1446943692701+%281%29.jpg 20170712_191959.jpg IMG_20170711_192418_103.jpeg IMG_20170122_183715.jpeg

Sent from my SM-N910V using WAYALIFE mobile app

BananaJeep

Caught the Bug
I drive the "Banana Jeep".

January 1st, 2015... heading out to Randolph, KS for the Tuttle Creek Hangover Run. For obvious reasons, most of those on the run were in fact, hungover, thus everyone was inside loading up on snacks and coffee. While waiting for everyone, someone put a Banana peel on someone else's Jeep. The guy looked at him and said... "don't put it on my Jeep, put it on the Banana Jeep!" After that, the name kind of just stuck. I embraced it, had stickers made, and of course the vanity plate. People love it and it always draws attention.

attachment.php

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
There is usually a story behind a Jeep name. Here's mine:
1941 Jeep was introduced to Army. In 1941 Army-Airforce introduced a twin engine bomber the B-26 Marauder. I'm active duty USAF so it fit. Had a vanity tag while living in Ohio but when I went active-duty changed to my home of record Florida. That tag was taken in FL. So I got creative. Did pixeldecals.com like most then had an artist take pictures of my GF and make a patriotic pin-up illustration. (Here's hoping it works out)

Love to here your Jeep name origin story

View attachment 267851 View attachment 267852 View attachment 267853 View attachment 267854

Sent from my SM-N910V using WAYALIFE mobile app

That's really cool.

I call mine, "Deuce." I had an Anvil two door, I called, "Alice," after the Resident Evil motion pictures. After driving Alice, from Mississippi to Ouray, CO, the wife decided she liked Jeep road trips. She asked if we could get a JKU, and I said, "Only if I can upgrade to a Rubicon."

I traded the 2014 2 door, I bought new, on a 2014 JKUR, with 23,000 miles on it, last August. He is Anvil, also, so his full name is Anvil II, or, "The Deuce."

IMG_0518.jpg
IMG_2663.jpg
IMG_9698.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom