Jeep not cranking...

JaySC

Tried that Jay. Nothing but more cranking...

Sent from my SCH-I545 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Damn, that sucks. Hopefully you get your issues worked out sooner than later.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using WAYALIFE mobile app

jims68

Here is some info on how the coil pack works.

"The ignition coil assembly consists of 3 independent coils molded together. The coil assembly for these engines is mounted on the intake manifold. Spark plug cables route to each cylinder from the coil.

The coil fires two spark plugs every power stroke. One plug is the cylinder under compression, the other cylinder fires on the exhaust stroke. The Powertrain Control Module (PCM) determines which of the coils to charge and fire at the correct time.

The Auto Shutdown (ASD) relay provides battery voltage to the ignition coil. The PCM provides a ground contact (circuit) for energizing the coil. When the PCM breaks the contact, the magnetic energy in the coil transfers to the secondary causing the spark. The PCM will de-energize the ASD relay if it does not receive the crankshaft position sensor and camshaft position sensor inputs. Refer to Auto Shutdown (ASD) Relay-PCM Output for relay operation."

Quite a few write-ups for the vans but a dead pak is usually either the crankshaft position sensor. If not this next is check the wire going to the PCM if not this then PCM. Being there are 3 independent packs it is likely rare all three died at the same time.

Now I have learned more about the 3.8 then is needed and love my LS even more!:thumb:

Top Bottom