Jeep stuck in limp mode after installing rear detroit

jorgelrod

Hooked
Quick update:

The Jeep pretty much has become undriveable, the transmission is acting weird after a while driving, from what I can gather, the temp is rising for some reason or other and the tranny starts acting up, not shifting, getting stuck in a certain gear(not just 4th gear limp mode) so I've pretty much benched the truck. The good news, the shop I purchased my gears and Lockers from said that they were not aware of the 2012+ auto locker issue so they were willing to do right by me, they've just become Yukon gear axle exclusive reps in Puerto Rico so they are willing to take the Detroit back and are giving me a new Zip Locker and all I have to pay for is the installation.

Lesson learned...

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Quick update:

The Jeep pretty much has become undriveable, the transmission is acting weird after a while driving, from what I can gather, the temp is rising for some reason or other and the tranny starts acting up, not shifting, getting stuck in a certain gear(not just 4th gear limp mode) so I've pretty much benched the truck. The good news, the shop I purchased my gears and Lockers from said that they were not aware of the 2012+ auto locker issue so they were willing to do right by me, they've just become Yukon gear axle exclusive reps in Puerto Rico so they are willing to take the Detroit back and are giving me a new Zip Locker and all I have to pay for is the installation.

Lesson learned...

Great news! Glad to hear that they are willing to take care of you and make it right.

macscal

Wish I would have read this thread a month ago.....

My 13 JK is currently at the dealership for the same issue (it is under an extended warranty) after a re-gear and locker install.

Question: Other than the jk going into "limp home" mode and the associated traction control light, have any of you experienced any other DTC's?

When this happened to me, I also got the following codes:
P0394
P2638
C121C

Thanks for any input!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

jorgelrod

Hooked
Wish I would have read this thread a month ago.....

My 13 JK is currently at the dealership for the same issue (it is under an extended warranty) after a re-gear and locker install.

Question: Other than the jk going into "limp home" mode and the associated traction control light, have any of you experienced any other DTC's?

When this happened to me, I also got the following codes:
P0394
P2638
C121C

Thanks for any input!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

In my case, no codes, just the limp mode.

Top Bottom