Jeep Thieves

ACEsJK

Not to thread jack but had a similar story. Went to eat with the wife for brunch around noon here in Rancho Cucamonga at a dinner by Victoria Gardens. Wasn't even 40 minutes and somebody smashed the passenger Windows, bent the for frame all for the wife's iPhone. The one thing that got me, when e went outside. The alarm never sounded. And then 2 weeks later. The wife stayed the night in Baldwin Park at her parents house while i was out of town. And the stole the spare tire with the jeep being parked in the driveway. And once again, no sounding of the alarm. Is there any way to adjust the sensitivity of the factory alarm on the jk?

Sent from my LG-D959 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Seriously though, I really wish more places were as safe as mine. I live out in the sticks where my closest neighbor is 1/2 mile away. My ride is always unlocked and most of the time the keys are in it. Only thing a thief has to worry about is the grumpy old guy with buckshot that is there more than I am... Oh! And the Geese, lol.

DBats

Yes! Where's your kill switch located? And BTW, what's your address? Lmao, sorry, I just had to.

now that just ain't right! but funny! :) oh, while you are at it, where do you hide the keys at? :)

Ricky

Lol, was just looking for creative places to put it. Don't think a big "ON/OFF" switch on the dash is going to be very beneficial. The kids that steal these things now are getting creative and doing it for a living!

DMF

Not to thread jack but had a similar story. Went to eat with the wife for brunch around noon here in Rancho Cucamonga at a dinner by Victoria Gardens. Wasn't even 40 minutes and somebody smashed the passenger Windows, bent the for frame all for the wife's iPhone. The one thing that got me, when e went outside. The alarm never sounded. And then 2 weeks later. The wife stayed the night in Baldwin Park at her parents house while i was out of town. And the stole the spare tire with the jeep being parked in the driveway. And once again, no sounding of the alarm. Is there any way to adjust the sensitivity of the factory alarm on the jk?

Sent from my LG-D959 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Get a good 2 way alarm. I had a streak of my cars breaking into until I got one of these. My alarm has motion detector and it gives me false warning all the time. Which is a bad thing but when it does, most of the time I just press the arm button chirping the alarm. I think it helps to let the thief know I'm near by. And also a good 2 way alarm can go up to a mile and still have communication with your key fob. 1/2 mile to be more realistic. I have the Viper 5706 with motion and smart start and so far it's been great.

Beyrgut

Maybe look into a motion activated wireless micro camera? It would be pretty nice to snap their pics/vids and have it upload someewhere. Might make it easier to catch the douche bags even if it just and attempted theft.

JKWrang

Get a good 2 way alarm. I had a streak of my cars breaking into until I got one of these. My alarm has motion detector and it gives me false warning all the time. Which is a bad thing but when it does, most of the time I just press the arm button chirping the alarm. I think it helps to let the thief know I'm near by. And also a good 2 way alarm can go up to a mile and still have communication with your key fob. 1/2 mile to be more realistic. I have the Viper 5706 with motion and smart start and so far it's been great.

All that does is signify to the thief that youre on a pattern. If they trip your alarm, youll shut it off until a) they trip the nuisance alarm feature or b) figure out you're NOT nearby and strike safely out of your reach. I had a nice 2 way alarm and my neighbors ignored it so the criminals whp stole my stereo system werent even observed by the many people in the vicinity.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using WAYALIFE mobile app

spinuck

Glad I'm able to park in the garage each night. I do however work in a public place. hate leaving out in the parking lot all day.

DMF

All that does is signify to the thief that youre on a pattern. If they trip your alarm, youll shut it off until a) they trip the nuisance alarm feature or b) figure out you're NOT nearby and strike safely out of your reach. I had a nice 2 way alarm and my neighbors ignored it so the criminals whp stole my stereo system werent even observed by the many people in the vicinity.

I am nearby most of the time and if I hit my alarm and do not get a feedback a return signal then I know for sure something is wrong. Being active about it is still better then not. And honestly, who buys an alarm and rely on others to keep watch. It's your property, be active about it.

Daehgib

Seriously though, I really wish more places were as safe as mine. I live out in the sticks where my closest neighbor is 1/2 mile away. My ride is always unlocked and most of the time the keys are in it. Only thing a thief has to worry about is the grumpy old guy with buckshot that is there more than I am... Oh! And the Geese, lol.

Agree with ridg3runner, I love living in an area that I can be careless/forgetful with my vehicles' security. I can't tell you how many times I've left my keys in the ignition on my bike! I'm so screwed if I ever move... :grayno:

JaySC

I'm also in So Cal and someone tried to break in and steal my jeep. Neighbor came out and the bad guy took off...leaving a huge handprint on the driver side window.

Also had someone try to steal one of my slabs with the 40" tire. Must've been an ATX fanboy.

10frank9

Web Wheeler
I'm also in So Cal and someone tried to break in and steal my jeep. Neighbor came out and the bad guy took off...leaving a huge handprint on the driver side window.

Also had someone try to steal one of my slabs with the 40" tire. Must've been an ATX fanboy.

Man move outta da hood! :cheesy:

JKWrang

I am nearby most of the time and if I hit my alarm and do not get a feedback a return signal then I know for sure something is wrong. Being active about it is still better then not. And honestly, who buys an alarm and rely on others to keep watch. It's your property, be active about it.

Point being I wasnt home so the false alarms conditioned my neighbors to just ignore the alarm so when the thieving individuals struck I couldnt be in the area. It was disappointing to know no one was curious enough to observe the incident.

DMF

Point being I wasnt home so the false alarms conditioned my neighbors to just ignore the alarm so when the thieving individuals struck I couldnt be in the area. It was disappointing to know no one was curious enough to observe the incident.

Oh gotcha, I'm just glad I know my neighbors well enough to at least look out the window.. But I can definitely see your point hence my previous cars were broken into many times, in a busy shopping plaza. In front of a gym that has nothing but windows for walls, twice for crying out loud!

JKWrang

Oh gotcha, I'm just glad I know my neighbors well enough to at least look out the window.. But I can definitely see your point hence my previous cars were broken into many times, in a busy shopping plaza. In front of a gym that has nothing but windows for walls, twice for crying out loud!

Now if only thieves didnt exist we'd have saved the alarm cost to put toward jeep mods!!!

NightKrawler

Another option is the guide point anti theft security. When the alarm goes off or if your jeep moves without the key in the ignition (even on the back of a flatbed truck) a security companie is notified and your called immediately. In the event you don't answer your phone the police are immediately dispatched to your jeeps location through a GPS signal.

GoBig

Another option is the guide point anti theft security. When the alarm goes off or if your jeep moves without the key in the ignition (even on the back of a flatbed truck) a security companie is notified and your called immediately. In the event you don't answer your phone the police are immediately dispatched to your jeeps location through a GPS signal.

Also via cell phone...great system!

NightKrawler

Without trying to become a salesman for the company another feature I like is the personal concierge. I've used that feature a few times

Top Bottom