Jeep Tire Rotation

JeepJeep75

another question not sure if anyone knows the answer but what do you guys think about using the 5th wheel vs just swapping the front to back and crossing them to different sides

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

I think you are referring to an old myth. The belief was that you couldnā€™t spin the tire in the opposite direction of its last position on the car. It was thought that doing so would cause the tire to blow. This is not the case, at least with modern tires. Swapping the tire from one side of the vehicle to the other is not an issue. I am not a tire expert though, just my opinion.

TrailHunter

Hooked
I think you are referring to an old myth. The belief was that you couldnā€™t spin the tire in the opposite direction of its last position on the car. It was thought that doing so would cause the tire to blow. This is not the case, at least with modern tires. Swapping the tire from one side of the vehicle to the other is not an issue. I am not a tire expert though, just my opinion.

I have always rotated front to back only on my trucks..... 33ā€ & 35ā€ muds, ATā€™s.... Been doing that for 20 years... never felt the need to criss cross... maybe Iā€™ve been doing it wrong.... I have never had a blowout, always got good mileage out of them and kept the wear under control. Iā€™ll probably do the same on my jeep.

Gbint

Yep thatā€™s what Iā€™m using. The five tire buys you more time between replacement but you have to replace all 5. A good opportunity to replace tire type then so they all match.

WW_Svi

5 tire can also be important for locking or limited slip differentials. Rotating all the tires for even wear (tire diameter and thus rpm) will make sure youā€™re not putting wear and tear on a lsd and wonā€™t put extra wear and tear on the tires when locked

Top Bottom