Jeep Washing

Undertheradar

Caught the Bug
I live 3 miles down a private dirt road. Dust in the summer, mud in the winter. I wash it if I'm going on a wheeling trip and in the summer, after getting it muddy. Too cold and futile in the winter to try to keep the mud off it.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
I wash my Jeep after every wheeling trip and wash it maybe once a week or so as well. I do it all myself with a power washer. For cleaning I use the chemical guys foam cannon and some of their soaps.

ThatChemicalGuy

I wash my vehicles about every 2 weeks or so. Just depends on how dirty they are. But I use a Torq foam cannon attached to the pressure washer and gets them all clean pretty quick

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using WAYALIFE mobile app

Thunder

I like getting it dirty and usually wait a few days to wash it after a run but also like to keep it clean. Pretty easy to do here in SoCal with what little rain we get, as was mentioned earlier. Dirty here usually just means dusty. I hate mud.

I take it to a do it yourself carwash to pressure wash it if it's more than I want in my driveway. Otherwise I wash it at home.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Last edited:

Overland_stormtrooper

Caught the Bug
Think i still have dust from when i went to Moab via Death Valley .. considering i head out every time im off work bout the most i do is rinse it off at the local do it yourself place or at home with the hose .. use my air hose at home to blow out the dust .the couple times ive been to the dealer they have washed it though .. gotta admit they did a pretty decent job even got the dry mud out from behind bumpers and such as i have been kind enough to bring it in the day after i return from the bigger trips i've done

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using WAYALIFE mobile app

After finding mud I will wash it same night or the next day before it dries on there too good or dries out any rubber too bad. Otherwise I will leave it dirty and dusty on the outside until I get around to hose washing it. I will usually clean the interior the same day or two later regardless! When mall crawling it I will wash it every couple weeks, just because the trail pinstriping and swirl look pretty damn bad on a shiny clean jeep. haha

I've not washed mine since I've had it (purchased used 14 months ago). I have sprayed it off both at home and at a car wash. I've cleaned the windows a few times, and cleaned the interior a few more. I like the interior to be dust free and the windshield to be bug free, but the outside looks fine dirty.

It is garage kept... maybe I should try keeping it clean. Nah. Mine is still stock; so, the dirt and mud let's people know I actual leave the pavement.

RCVRY

I used to wash my YJ with a rag, soapy water and a hose; inside and out. Just so I didn't spray water under the dash it was all good. Vinyl seats, bedliner/no carpet, bikini top and tonneau cover. No doors from April to October.
The JK will soon follow...

Sent from my SM-G930T using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom