Jeep Wave - noob

Mun50n3d

HEY Y'ALL! :standing wave:
I've had my JK just over a year and thought I would start some research in personal mods and upgrades to my Rock Lobster. First step is headlights, I have found a few articles that have given me a good idea what I am looking for. It seem the NEW Truck-Lite 7" Round LED is the best bang for your buck, but the JW Speaker has the better output. Then, there is the HID option that has the best ultimate output. HIDProjectors has the best custom options, but can bleed the bank account if you want the ultimate headlight experience. Any advice or commentary on the subject?

I'm still in the research, data gathering stages of what I want to do to my JK in other areas. Which leads me to ProjectJK.com and WAYALIFE.com to talk to my fellow Jeepers. I was told by my brother-in-law about 2 years ago that he found a forum that had spec'd out what you need to do with your Jeep when you upgrade wheels/tires what lift based on size, and the kind of performance you can expect when you increase in elevation and rubber. Can anyone point me in the right direction? Also, looking at a lightbar for over the window mount. What is the best bang for your buck?

That should do it for now. Look forward to talking to everyone.
:standing wave:

Last edited:

cmacc_2010_ruby

I only run rigid industry for extra lighting... But pro comp has there version of what looks like awesome lighting options that are somewhat cheaper than rigid... Cheaper isn't always better... I have the D2s by rigid on my A pillars and beat the hell out of them and have had ZERO problems... I would say buy the best pair you can afford... And I to am stuck on what pair of headlights to get... I think its also a depending on how much you wanna spend... I like the JWs because of the output and the halo ring :)... Hope this helps from one jeeper to another... MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!

Rccrwlr

Welcome

We use the TruckLite headlights on our rigs. They are very bright and have a good pattern. My initial thought was we would get a bunch of people flashing high beams at us but we haven't had that issue. That is something I have read about a lot with the JW speakers.

Tanner505

I love my jw speakers and I do get the occasional headlight flashed at me but I say hello back with my 50" e series hybrid and my dually d2s lol

Mun50n3d

Hello everybody! Thanks for the warm welcome! :)
As for lights, I've decided to go with the Truck-Lites, as a personal Christmas gift to myself. Don't know if they will get here before Wednesday,but that's what the UPS tracking says. I'm also thinking of replacing my floods with Rigid D2s.

Thanks for the info y'all! :thumb:

Mun50n3d

Good looking Jeep. Welcome to Wayalife :standing wave:

Thanks! I got the bug two years ago. Now, the mod bug has kicked in. I ordered my headlights from Northridge 4x4. So, I should have them installed this weekend.

I only run rigid industry for extra lighting... But pro comp has there version of what looks like awesome lighting options that are somewhat cheaper than rigid... Cheaper isn't always better... I have the D2s by rigid on my A pillars and beat the hell out of them and have had ZERO problems... I would say buy the best pair you can afford... And I to am stuck on what pair of headlights to get... I think its also a depending on how much you wanna spend... I like the JWs because of the output and the halo ring :)... Hope this helps from one jeeper to another... MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!

Thanks! yeah, I've been looking at Rigid's D2 to replace my floods with. Since I just got my Truck-Lite 7" LED headlights in, it will be a few months before I spring for new floods.

Last edited:

Mun50n3d

Well, I finally installed the Truck-Lites:

IMG_0642.jpg

I did a side-by-side comparison this morning with a co-workers stock headlights. As you can see you get a much brighter light, cleaner light, wider beam, and better clarity. Definitely a viable upgrade from the stock yellow blob. Also, if I didn't have my floods on you would see that you get a decent amount of light fill in the lower areas on the ground up to the low beams. I was happy with my choice while driving to work this morning. I didn't have to turn my floods on to get more light.

IMG_0646.jpg

Truck-Lites 7" Round LED Headlamps. The cheapest option I could find at the time of purchase. ($379) It seems to have gone up $20 since purchase in December 18, 2014.

Top Bottom