Jeep went into a deeeep water hole and I need help

WJCO

Meme King
It is possible for water to still be in the cylinders even if it runs?

Depends on how much was in your intake, it's worth a check. As you said though, it runs like crap. Also, as one poster suggested, check your cat converters as well.

Scrambler

I know this may not work with a vehicle engine, but when we have sunk four wheelers we have always drained the oil, put new in, and then pulled the spark plugs. Cranked with the spark plugs out until all water was essentially "pumped" out through spark plug holes. WJCO knows more about these engines, though. Maybe he could confirm if this would actually work in this application. We normally end up changing the oil multiple times after doing this. Just spit balling here.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

WJCO

Meme King
I know this may not work with a vehicle engine, but when we have sunk four wheelers we have always drained the oil, put new in, and then pulled the spark plugs. Cranked with the spark plugs out until all water was essentially "pumped" out through spark plug holes. WJCO knows more about these engines, though. Maybe he could confirm if this would actually work in this application. We normally end up changing the oil multiple times after doing this. Just spit balling here.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

I wouldn't say I know a lot about these engines, but for a vehicle engine, the exact application you posted would apply here. The goal is to get the water out of the cylinders. Sadly, if it's been running for awhile with water in the cylinders, a rod may already be bent.

Hammmerhead

Until you dump the oil, the situation wont get better and is continually doing damage. You may still have two gallons of muddy water in the crankcase. Dump the oil, pull the plugs, turn it over and let is sit with the plugs out over night. The water and/or moisture may be throwing codes that might go away, once things dry out. Pop a plug off the ECU and see if it has water or condensation trapped in it. I believe they're o-ringed, so you may be good there. If is does though, pull them all and spray with WD40. Also pop the lid off of the fuse box, it likely filled up as well. Once you get good oil in it and running, check the tranny fluid and see if it looks high or has any tiny bubbles on the stick. Probably should change it as well. Then you can start chasing the codes as long as you didn't bend a rod. You should be feeling a new vibration and likely a miss if a rod got tweaked. Crossing my fingers for you

Scrambler

Man, that is great news. Glad it looks like things are turning around on this mishap. Good luck with the repairs. Electrical demons can sometimes drive you insane.

aermotor

If the damage is due to ingested water, it likely would not be covered. It's not a part that failed on its own.

I've seen a friend turn his hydrolocked JK into a Hemi Upgrade (Completely his fault too btw). He used to be an insurance adjuster so I guess he knows what strings to pull...

Top Bottom