Jeep won't start

catahoula

Caught the Bug
Wooooooooo Hoooooooo!

Had this happen to me a while back.
It was something with the computer.
View attachment 118812
I pulled open the fuse box. Pulled up on the yellow tab to reboot it. Waited a minute. Pushed it back down and it started

2Cross you rock brother! I tried it and worked like a charm. If ever we meet I owe you a few colds ones. Thanks again for everyone and especially you!:rock:

JAGS

Hooked
Don't rule out battery even if it won't take a jump. This happened to me a while back. All was fine. Then just completely dead. Wouldn't jump but panel would be fine. There's actually some info online about the 12 batteries doing this.

catahoula

Caught the Bug
Don't rule out battery even if it won't take a jump. This happened to me a while back. All was fine. Then just completely dead. Wouldn't jump but panel would be fine. There's actually some info online about the 12 batteries doing this.

Will check out. Are those OEM batteries or aftermarket?

JAGS

Hooked
Will check out. Are those OEM batteries or aftermarket?

Stock battery died at 2 years and 2 weeks. Approx 30k miles. Was running trails in Big Bear. Died completely out of blue and wouldn't jump even from a AAA tow rig. Ran battery test at dealer and failed.

catahoula

Caught the Bug
Stock battery died at 2 years and 2 weeks. Approx 30k miles. Was running trails in Big Bear. Died completely out of blue and wouldn't jump even from a AAA tow rig. Ran battery test at dealer and failed.

Funny you mention that. I just replaced my stock battery with a higher cranking amps model. My stock one died. The day It happened I made two different stops and each time I cranked it I knew something was up. The third stop was at Advanced and it died there. Never had a battery die so quickly like that.

Top Bottom