Jeeps catching up on the highway to other jeeps..

Hobolobo

Well after reading all of this, I dont feel like a "freeway stalker" anymore. Good to know this is normal.

bran996

I do the same. I did a few weeks ago to catch up and get a glimpse at rikki rockets Rubicon built by poison spyder. Man that rig is sweet. Also burned a lot of gas to catch up lol.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using WAYALIFE mobile app

JKWrang

Yep. Stopped by a parked jeep just to appreciate his lift. Sitting pretty at 33s and 2.5" I was all happy to see someone in mall crawler county with a decent rig

Sent from my phone while I should probably be getting work done

Zstairlessone

Yep, been doin this for a few years, I just like looking at em all (well except the street tired lowered chrome blasted Hummer wanna bees), hard to keep lunch down with some of those.

Holeshot

Banned
That's the truth, sometimes I think I have the only un-supercharged jeep on the freeway.
Some Jeeps are just too hard to catch!

loll reminds me a couple years ago, I had a TJ with a 4 bangner on 33's, its hard to keep up your own speed, don't even think to catch up other jeeps loll.

Now I got the 3.6, bring any jeeps, I'll be up to the task! :rock:

And I confess, I do it also. It's hard for me not to wave to jeeps when I'm on a roadtest at work :crazyeyes:

snapfish

I do it! Usually to see how the other Jeep is outfitted. I'm checking the wheels, lift, tires etc... I'm all in! Lol

I did the same thing a few months back (chased a jeep at high speed so I can see the mods)

I saw a very NICE, and well RIGGED UP Jeep heading North on 1-395, I cough up to it to check it out. the Jeep turned out to be "WAYOLIFE" (EDDIE'S Newest JEEP-----image below)... what a nice surprise to see the man behind this forum in person on the road.
unfortunately, I was not driving my jeep JK. I was driving my family mover (A behemoth 2008 Toyota Sequoia) so I was a bit shy and could not give a wave thinking Eddie might have thought I am some kind of a nut guy stalking him on the highway at high speed.

I guess, you can sum it with "it is a jeep spirit/ soul thing, and a way of life"

wayolife.jpg

10frank9

Web Wheeler
I did the same thing a few months back (chased a jeep at high speed so I can see the mods)

I saw a very NICE, and well RIGGED UP Jeep heading North on 1-395, I cough up to it to check it out. the Jeep turned out to be "WAYOLIFE" (EDDIE'S Newest JEEP-----image below)... what a nice surprise to see the man behind this forum in person on the road.
unfortunately, I was not driving my jeep JK. I was driving my family mover (A behemoth 2008 Toyota Sequoia) so I was a bit shy and could not give a wave thinking Eddie might have thought I am some kind of a nut guy stalking him on the highway at high speed.

I guess, you can sum it with "it is a jeep spirit/ soul thing, and a way of life"

View attachment 52280

He would have waved back for sure. He's a waver.

AllAmericanInfidel

Caught the Bug
I do it any time I see another Jeep, and have had plenty catch up and travel with me as well. On the way from NM to SC, at different points we were traveling with up to 4 other Jeeps in a convoy!

sempermarc

I do it when I see a cool jeep but I live in Orange County that's filled with yuppies and multitudes of mall crawlers. Lots of people buy JKs, especially Rubicons, and they never touch dirt.

1yellowjk

I'm usually driving slow, so my wife kind of freaks out when people in Jeeps pull up next to us and slow down. I had a JKU full of girls pull up next to us on the highway and start waving and yelling....my wife was like "WTF"....I had to assure her that I wasn't having sex with a Jeep load of college girls. (you know how they like us mid 40 year olds :)

I find that a lot of Jeep owners around here are either dicks or moms with too much money....one of my neighbors bought his wife a "Factory" modded 13 JKUR, with 37's and a assload of aftermarket stuff (had to be at least 60K from the dealer) and she never waves or even crosses over to talk Jeeps...that tends to effect my Jeep waving.

Last edited:
I find that a lot of Jeep owners around here are either dicks or moms with too much money....one of my neighbors bought his wife a "Factory" modded 13 JKUR, with 37's and a assload of aftermarket stuff (had to be at least 60K from the dealer) and she never waves or even crosses over to talk Jeeps...that tends to effect my Jeep waving.[/QUOTE]

In cases like this I'm a firm believer in the one finger wave:D

We are Jeep..Resistance is futile..

Kenny-g

Caught the Bug
I do this but I don't speed more than 5 mph to do so. I know, I know...I'm a goody goody but cops in Texas look for any reasons to pull you over. At least everywhere I've driven they do :grayno:

Its corny but it's pretty cool when I pass someone on HWY 71/290 West (towards Marble Falls/Llano) in Austin and they speed up and wave before they exit somewhere. It's much appreciated :yup:

Oh and to whoever caught up to Eddie, I'd probably shit my pants if that were me. I met the original owner/creator of JeepForum this weekend and was acting like a little girl who just met Justin Bieber. It was rather embarassing lol

Top Bottom