JeepsterChris build part deux...the new Granite Rubicon Unlimited.

Journeyman

I took my banks CAI off after 10k miles. It does sound good but it just got to be annoying for me (to much) I also noticed some dirt was getting through the filter and building up on the mass air flow sensor.

Well, I put it on to see how it works in 115 degree tempuratures. I figure it will get more oxygen into my engine in the heat. How the heck did you get that much dirt thru the filter to cake on the air sensor?

Journeyman

Well, I put it on to see how it works in 115 degree tempuratures. I figure it will get more oxygen into my engine in the heat. How the heck did you get that much dirt thru the filter to cake on the air sensor?

It wasn't a ton dirt. But enough buildup on the sensor to notice and make me even happier that I was changing back to stock. I would say normal street driving and occasional offroad adventures it would probably be ok. But I participated in a few jeep runs that were extremely dusty with visibility near zero at times.

I took my banks CAI off after 10k miles. It does sound good but it just got to be annoying for me (to much) I also noticed some dirt was getting through the filter and building up on the mass air flow sensor.

You were right...I only made it 4 days...to flipping noisy. We also had a huge dust storm last night, and the filter sucks. Spent the morning pulling it off and cleaning my TB. Now off to the auto parts store, because I discovered my thermostat has a crack in it...:eek:
20160730_064821.jpg

Last edited:
Was some nice weather last night, huh? At least we got some rain with our dirt! I should have taken a pic, it was a wall of dust that rolled in fast. Haboob!

Yup...we got the same one right after you! We were driving from QC up to Mesa and watched it engulf the mountains and catch up to us...good times!
20160729_192556.jpg

Just saw there was an update...I'm an idiot...

1475423283358.jpg

Here's another update...that Banks Intake I put on lasted about 2 days...it was by far the most annoying sound I have ever heard.

Sent from my SM-N920V using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom