Jeff's copperhead build

Gadget

Caught the Bug
Got an email saying my painless kit has been delivered and my wife said I got a package so I guess it has arrived[emoji2]. Now I just need to get home from work and find time to install it.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Gadget

Caught the Bug
Finally got started putting them in: IMG_2475.jpg

Probably take longer than most, this was the hardest part: IMG_2479.jpg IMG_2480.jpg did not enjoy drilling holes in my Jeep at all.

Last edited:

Gadget

Caught the Bug
Made the holes in the fender liner big enough to fit the bolts thru so they are behind the liner. IMG_2487.jpg IMG_2488.jpg

Once it started to take shape the hole drilling didn't feel so bad IMG_2481.jpg

Gadget

Caught the Bug
Like the looks now that it's done: IMG_2482.jpg IMG_2485.jpg IMG_2483.jpg IMG_2484.jpg : the most frustrating part was one of the clamps, getting it lined up so that all 6 bolts would go in smoothly took a while.

Gadget

Caught the Bug
Finally got around to putting these on IMG_0945.jpg IMG_0948.jpg . Now the question is do I go ahead and use the super simple wire harness that came with it or wait until I put the painless kit in and use that?

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

AllAmericanInfidel

Caught the Bug
Finally got around to putting these on View attachment 251909 View attachment 251910 . Now the question is do I go ahead and use the super simple wire harness that came with it or wait until I put the painless kit in and use that?

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

Looks great. I always forget how much I like Copperhead until I see one. That's an awesome color.
Also, reading back in regards to the JKS discos, I would invest in the JKS strap kit if it were me, or find a similar way to secure them to the frame just disconnecting one side. I used a pouch, then a plastic bag. One thing people do not typically take into account with these specifically are, if lubed up properly, can be pretty messy when you remove them. Then the grease gets inside the bag you put them in and you end up with a big mess by the time your done. I didn't care for that too much personally. Although I never tried securing them to the frame on the outside, I'll definitely be exploring that route with my current rig when the time comes.

Top Bottom