JK C gussets

Flyer

Mine were (on both JKs) done with stockers in (less than 2-3K on Odo when done). They cooled the area with wet rags and took breaks. No issues- yet anyway. I have 10K on this new one and have no problems. When they do go, I'll have to figure out which ones to go with.

wcarlson40

I'm very happy with my Teraflex C-gussets and sleeves that just got welded on. Very solid, and less welding right next to the ball joints (compared to the synergy brand everyone seems to like). It also seems to me like the synergy ones would be more prone to corrosion since you can't paint underneath them, and salt and mud can collect under them. Anyways, my stock ball joints still seem perfect so far.

Pyro1415

That minor bit of rust would take 20 years to matter. If you plug it off with silicon you shouldnt have a problem or you could take a wd spraying straw and prime it tbrough any gap. Just spray the ever loving crap out of the inside.

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
I'm very happy with my Teraflex C-gussets and sleeves that just got welded on. Very solid, and less welding right next to the ball joints (compared to the synergy brand everyone seems to like). It also seems to me like the synergy ones would be more prone to corrosion since you can't paint underneath them, and salt and mud can collect under them. Anyways, my stock ball joints still seem perfect so far.

Teraflex only support the top, you really want the top and bottom reenforced. Rust, you want to spray with weldable primer first. Teraflex makes sleeves?

Last edited:

Rccrwlr

Didn't realize synergy was the brand of choice. I thought everyone went with the EVO. Guess ya learn something new

Pyro1415

Synergy is pretty good, they use some high grade steel. Lmao I had to cut through some rugged ridge steel at work, I don't recommend them anymore...

t8er

I just did the EVO sleeves and gussets on mine. I told them to check my ball joints and if they needed to be replaced to do it. They were ok and they knew how to weld the gussets on without burning them up so it's doable like others have said. With the 37's going on in 2 weeks it's only a matter of time so synergy ball joints are next.

wcarlson40

Teraflex only support the top, you really want the top and bottom reenforced. Rust, you want to spray with weldable primer first. Teraflex makes sleeves?

Yes, the make sleeves, and they make bottom ones too. They didn't copy them, totally different design. I'm sure anything works, though. Never heard anyone with any type of gusset state it failed there (usually breaks elsewhere)

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
Yes, the make sleeves, and they make bottom ones too. They didn't copy them, totally different design. I'm sure anything works, though. Never heard anyone with any type of gusset state it failed there (usually breaks elsewhere)

Lol!! Sure and I have 12" swinging

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer

Oh, I had no idea they made sleeves. I don't have any. I don't really feel they are needed.
I have evo gussets, they were the original.

Top Bottom