Jk Cb mounting positions.

Frydaddy

This is an option to keep it mostly out of the way. I thought of it as wasted space anyways, with that crappy mesh bag and tiny coin-tray

1463258550617.jpg

The mounting bracket is bolted to the lower panel, and the antenna cable fits through a hole drilled in the coin tray. The best part is, if i ever take it out, the rubber insert will hide the hole.

Tpafire

This is an option to keep it mostly out of the way. I thought of it as wasted space anyways, with that crappy mesh bag and tiny coin-tray

View attachment 260131

The mounting bracket is bolted to the lower panel, and the antenna cable fits through a hole drilled in the coin tray. The best part is, if i ever take it out, the rubber insert will hide the hole.

Hows that kenwood size vs. the uniden 520? Also how hard was it to run wires for your aux lights?

Frydaddy

Hows that kenwood size vs. the uniden 520? Also how hard was it to run wires for your aux lights?

It looks like the dimensions are the same, with Uniden being ever so slightly smaller, you should be good to go. I routed the wiring back to an auxiliary fuse/relay panel that in installed behind the glove box.

For a simple wiring setup, i recommend pulling signal from the cigarette lighter (for ACC triggering) through a two-way switch (SPDT) that also has a 12V signal on the other position. From there, the center post goes to a relay with 14 gauge wiring straight from the battery (fused for 14ga of course), then the relay contacts feed the radio. This is the easiest way to get dedicated power to your radio, with a bonus of it either being constant or switched on with the key.

How did I do it? well...
pdf.jpg

JohnnyWest

Not a CB, but same concept.
My Jeep
IMG_4691.jpg
IMG_4799.jpg
My sons Jeep
IMG_3797.jpg

For my CB, I used the Cobra 75 and mounted it behind the inside of my center console. Then put the connector in the center console and hid the speaker in the padding of the cage above the drivers head.
IMG_3786.jpg
IMG_3793.jpg
IMG_3791.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom