JK Diff covers

Tree Frog

Well the important thing is; I bet you had fun doing it! Now you have a good excuse to get some trick diff covers.

I have been looking at all the cool covers myself and though I had seen them all until the post with the rattlesnake and the pumpkin. Just too cool.

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
Yeah I had the same dent and was kinda freaking out for the rest of the day lol, but all was good. I went with the PS covers tho due to price.

10frank9

Web Wheeler
Yeah I had the same dent and was kinda freaking out for the rest of the day lol, but all was good. I went with the PS covers tho due to price.

I figured as long as I didn't hear the ring grinding against it and there was no major spillage it was all good. :yup:

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
if you havnt changed the fluid yet, watch out when you pull the upper plug due to the dent, fluid came pouring out of that one.....unless it was overfilled from factory.

utiadam

LOSER
I really wanted ARB covers but just didn't want to spend that much. The Dynatrac ones are not eligible for coupon codes on Northridge. I ended up getting Poison Spyder diff covers and painted them myself.
Primer
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1409096747.842022.jpg
Silver
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1409096774.241630.jpg
Then masked off the logo and painted black
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1409096798.788238.jpg

JAGS

Hooked
I figured as long as I didn't hear the ring grinding against it and there was no major spillage it was all good. :yup:

My rear diff lip looked just like yours, with just slightly more bolt wear. Was progressively leaking. Probably could have salvaged with new seal, but swapped with a dynatrac cover.

From what I was told, can't get to the internal locker latch with the rubi e lock running the ARB. ARBs are stout though!

- Jason

NCRUBI2012

How likely is it that Poison Spyder will make contact with front and rear TB? I see this warning on their site but many seem to still purchase. Do you all have aftermarket TB? I love the look and want to paint to match Jeep.

KingCopperhead

How likely is it that Poison Spyder will make contact with front and rear TB? I see this warning on their site but many seem to still purchase. Do you all have aftermarket TB? I love the look and want to paint to match Jeep.

Depends on what lift you run, and whether you have an aftermarket tracbar, or tracbar relocation bracket. I bought mine from Eric at northridge4x4 and he said with my lift and bracket that I won't have any problems.

hinrichs

Caught the Bug

No issues here that I am aware of, I think the stock SS clamp hit myne slightly but then again my SS is kinda trashed and I should have a different clamp anyway.

KingCopperhead

I'll be installing my rear tomorrow and the front once I get it painted. Hopefully I can find a ramp or a big Rock to check my clearance.

Anyhow, here's my rear D44 cover. I ordered it powdercoat black. Then I scuffed up the spider with 400 grit sand paper. Cleaned it with alcohol. Masked it up, cleaned it again and hit it with 2 coats of krylon rust tough primer, and 4 coats of rustoleum hammered silver. The paint bled through the tape a little bit you won't notice it unless your face is under my jeep.

Attachments

• 1409256153541.jpg
    1409256153541.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 97
  • 1409256163115.jpg
    1409256163115.jpg
    81.9 KB · Views: 99
  • 1409256170831.jpg
    1409256170831.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 96
  • 1409256178851.jpg
    1409256178851.jpg
    77.1 KB · Views: 95
  • 1409256188152.jpg
    1409256188152.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 99

Rancho

Caught the Bug
Ours vs stock

IMG_19386652979634_zpsdf28ff12.jpeg

Rancho

Caught the Bug
Should work with most other covers, honestly I can't think of one that we have heard issues of not working with. Ours (with the ribs) tends to be a little beefier than others, in general. The loss is around 1/2" or so, so not that much really.

Those look great. Not to derail, but tell me about your front diff skid. Does it fit other manufacturers covers? How much clearance does one usually sacrifice when running it. I'm considering it in the future.

Top Bottom