JK Horizontal Headlight Adjustment

JeepJeep75

I think I paid around $10 for mine ordered straight from the dealer. I had to provide a part number to ease the puzzled/astonished/confused look I was given when I asked for the part.

japatton

I just installed them too. Added a little vertical width to the alignment really helps! Definitely recommend this.

Evil

Quick question just so its clear......

When you remove the 2 lower 15mm non adjustable screws from the bottom of the headlight bucket, do you put one back on the non replaced adjuster side or do you mount it with just the 2 adjusters?

USMC Wrangler

Quick question just so its clear......

When you remove the 2 lower 15mm non adjustable screws from the bottom of the headlight bucket, do you put one back on the non replaced adjuster side or do you mount it with just the 2 adjusters?

The one additional adjustment screw replaces one factory 15 mm screw. Everything else will be as you found it during disassembly.

RedRum

Thank you for sharing my headlights should be in this week going to head over dealer tomorrow to try to get the screws

gfurm

When reassembling...

So when you put everything back together, do you tighten all three ring/adjuster screws all the way as the starting point?

USMC Wrangler

So when you put everything back together, do you tighten all three ring/adjuster screws all the way as the starting point?

I have TruckLites and I kinda eyeballed them in the daylight. You know how you can see that a headlight like this is pointed way off? I just tried to square them up. Then I did the standard aiming at night on the garage door. Hope that helps some.

gfurm

Thanks!

I have TruckLites and I kinda eyeballed them in the daylight. You know how you can see that a headlight like this is pointed way off? I just tried to square them up. Then I did the standard aiming at night on the garage door. Hope that helps some.

That definitely helps! I feel as though I stripped the one adjustment screw while re-threading :mad: I tried to eye ball em but we will see how it goes tonight when the lights go out! Hopefully that adjustment doesnt need any more play, I also found that after i popped out the original screw its a hell of a lot easier for the headlight to pop out of the socket it sits in!

Really just wanted a nice wide beam, not to take the grill on and off 10 times! lol but such is life I suppose, thanks for the help!

Question on cutting the notch for a flat head, do you just notch the inside screw on each light or both? My lights are off to the left and I don't want to be blinding people. The notch will be the quickest way to address the issue.

SaddleTramp

Question on cutting the notch for a flat head, do you just notch the inside screw on each light or both? My lights are off to the left and I don't want to be blinding people. The notch will be the quickest way to address the issue.

Just notch the inside screw with a dremel cutoff wheel. No need to do the whole screw purchase and swap.

This is the passenger side.

IMG_1475518466.362197.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Thanks guys. I will eventually get the replacement. I ended up notching both as I need to move the driver's side left and couldn't get the notched screws to tighten. It works for now next time i'm in that area i will replace them to make things easier in the future.

SaddleTramp

Thanks guys. I will eventually get the replacement. I ended up notching both as I need to move the driver's side left and couldn't get the notched screws to tighten. It works for now next time i'm in that area i will replace them to make things easier in the future.

You don't need them to tighten, just turn to the desired adjustment and leave them, it doesn't take much. The replacement screws are not needed.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom