Jk lift kit question

DinosaurChaser

First off both of my JKs have been four doors so I may miss something. You will want in no particular order.
~Front DS and rear DS (drive shafts)
~Front lower control arms
~Rear upper control arms
~steering correction (EVO drag link flip)
~Keep your factory Trac Bars
~Keep your factory steering stabilizer
~springs (be prepared to get more than stated height from them)
~shocks appropriate length for the coils
~bumpstop extensions appropriate for the coils and tires

Look at the components in the EVO Enforcer lift plus optional Drag link flip. Pair it with some Rancho RS9000 shocks and will have a lift you enjoy with no added BS.

Edit:And some Reel 1350 shafts

Thank you! Good to know I dont need new steering stabilizer because that was something I heard i would want. Bumpstops I hadn't thought of. But I like evo so I will definitely look into it! This helps alot!

NFRs2000NYC

Caught the Bug
I suggest you get a quality 2" lift or a 2.5" and some high clearance fenders (or cut the stock ones for free) and you'll be fine with 37s without tipping over when a light breeze rolls in.

NFRs2000NYC

Caught the Bug
Thanks for the replys! but like I said the only part of it im really keeping long term is the coil springs which are all the same. Everything else will eventually be better. Id just rather spend 500 for a cheap lift to get it up then spend 1000 maybe in upgrades to it and have everything that I want than spend 2-3000 on a rock crawler lift.

If you are that hard on money, maybe stay away from 37s. I've spent quite a bit of money on my rig, and I still didn't go with 37s because it would be extremely expensive, not to mention, I'd break a lot of stuff. I don't think you thought things through.

DinosaurChaser

If you are that hard on money, maybe stay away from 37s. I've spent quite a bit of money on my rig, and I still didn't go with 37s because it would be extremely expensive, not to mention, I'd break a lot of stuff. I don't think you thought things through.
Id thought things through as best I could with the info I could find thats why I asked for some advice! :) im prepared to spend money on my rig. Just would like to know in advance what's gonna break so I can be prepared to replace it with a better version.

plext0r

Id thought things through as best I could with the info I could find thats why I asked for some advice! :) im prepared to spend money on my rig. Just would like to know in advance what's gonna break so I can be prepared to replace it with a better version.

DinoChaser, I'm fairly new on this forum, but from all the research I've done, I know it's not a good idea to go anywhere above 35-inch tires on stock D30 front axle. There's a graph someone came up with that shows the torque required to move different size tires down the road. The diameter, weight, etc. are all factors. If I remember correctly,it takes almost twice the torque to move a 37-inch tire vs. a 35-inch tire. My son's 2008 JKU (just purchased a month ago) came with 315/75/R16 tires (basically 35" tires) but it also has a 5-inch lift. It has a few steering issues I'm going to have to work on, plus it was lifted too high initially. The previous owner seems to have lifted it with substandard quality parts and one of the front coil springs has broken within the last week or two. I think it was when my son decided to flex out on a sewer drain:
attachment.php

Either way, I would also recommend saving for a few months and investing in something higher end. I believe people would recommend Rancho, Teraflex, Old Man Emu and others. People with oodles of dough will recommend Rock Krawler. :yup:

Why wont I want to keep the springs?
i cant speak about a 2 door, but i had rough country coils on my four door. I went into it with your mindset, a coil is a coil, and i just want it off the ground. I have since replaced every component of the kit, except for the brake line brackets. The coils rode turrible. I urge you to learn from others.

Also, like others have said, understand that 37s on a d30 is far from ideal. Will it drive? Yes. Will it be a ticking time-bomb? Probably.

kpig

Why wont I want to keep the springs? And yes its currently a d30. So ur saying just go to a 44 or 60 before regearing? Wht do u mean by BB?

My friend purchased a 2007 JKU with the rough country 4" lift. After less than a year, the springs sagged to probably around 2" lift. On top of that, the springs sagged unevenly. One month it would lean to the right then the next month it would sag to the rear, etc. After all this, he replaced the springs with Metalcloak springs that have yet to sag after 2 years. No one is trying to insult you. The purpose of this forum is simply to share our experiences so you don't spend your hard earned $$$ two or three times making the same mistakes as several others. Personally, I like the EVO Plush coils. Maybe wait a bit and spend wisely on a better lift.

DinosaurChaser

My friend purchased a 2007 JKU with the rough country 4" lift. After less than a year, the springs sagged to probably around 2" lift. On top of that, the springs sagged unevenly. One month it would lean to the right then the next month it would sag to the rear, etc. After all this, he replaced the springs with Metalcloak springs that have yet to sag after 2 years. No one is trying to insult you. The purpose of this forum is simply to share our experiences so you don't spend your hard earned $$$ two or three times making the same mistakes as several others. Personally, I like the EVO Plush coils. Maybe wait a bit and spend wisely on a better lift.

I understand everything ur saying. By the sounds of it im prolly not gonna keep my rc springs. Or just put them on and plan to replace them soon. Im not insulted just gets annoying when ppl treat u like an idiot for not knowing something that ur here to learn about... not talking about u. But thank u I appreciate the reply!

Top Bottom