JK Lift kit

wjtstudios

Hooked
It is a four-door, so can I just get a new front driveshaft?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Yes. You can run the oem for a bit until it starts splattering grease everywhere, then it’s time for a new one or just replace it while the lift kits going in. Either it’s going to need to be replaced

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

rubiDave

I think I have pretty much decided on the EVO lift; it is hard to find someone saying anything negative about it! Now, for you guys with the enforcer 3” did you get the drag link flip and which stage? Also, did you add front/rear adj trackbars and front drive shafts?

DL flip - yes.
I got the stage 3 and front/rear driveshafts, but I have a 2 door.
Don't need adjustable trackbars. The raised brackets do a good job of centering the axle side to side.
I also got the front shock relocation brackets and rockstars for the rear. Running Rancho 99000xl shocks.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using WAYALIFE mobile app

BasClaws

How would you guys say the ranch 4in short arm rock crawler system compared to the EVO enforcer? Rancho has a 2in lift as well, but it looks like it just comes with the basics. Is the hassle of going to a 3-inch lift versus a 2-2.5in lift worth it?

Fury22

I would rather pay full price and shipping for EVO then a discount on Metal Joke. I have came across a few with that game changer kit and they all complained about it. You are comparing shit to shit with those companies above. Evo usually does a discount around that time but Exodus Jeeps can always take care of you. I know its been said above but give Exodus a call and let him set you up right the first time.

What have people complained about with the MC kits? Just curious...

SLO

I have the 3.5” MC Game Changer kit on my JK and I have had no issues with it. It’s definitely a complete kit with some things I really like and others that are less than ideal. The travel with the Rock Sports is pretty impressive and I like the ride on-road and off-road. The Rock Sports aren’t the best shocks and won’t last as long as Kings but for someone that can’t afford Kings, it’s worth considering as long as you know what you are getting into. $130 to replace a blown shock is a plus but if you are going to do high speed desert runs, you will see fade pretty quickly. For slow rock crawling, I have no complaints.

The bushing on the control arms make for a very comfortable ride but I have also seen failures due to the rubber failing with hard use. I haven’t had issues myself in 3 years. I have the EVO kit on my JL and the Johnny Joints are a little harsher but I can see how the JJ’s are better for articulation and longevity. That said, you can replace a lot of bushings or control arm ends for the cost difference.

I do wish that you could adjust MC arms on the vehicle rather than having to unbolt them. I have adjusted mine enough that EVO’s design would have made a lot of difference.

I also really like how the bump stops are adjustable in 1” increments. I have seen some snide comments about them using hockey pucks but the adjustability has been a huge help to me and saved me money and time over the last few years.

I don’t love that MC cut out their resellers and distributors and I’ve heard one side of some of the fallout from that transition way back when but I don’t have enough background.

All that said, if I were to do it all over again, I would have gone EVO bolt-on coilovers.

Last edited:

cboggs

What have people complained about with the MC kits? Just curious...

I had one of the early kits and the joints didn't last a year. The so called Zinc coating started coming off after 6 months. Six Pack shocks leaked almost right away. I even had the high clearance fenders and they were built well but the powder coating was horrible and was rusting within months and I parked that jeep in the garage every night. I sold that JK and bought another and went Evo 4" Double D with Bilsteins and it was way better riding and flexing than the Game Changer. Live and learn, I'll never run anything but Evo from now on. Current JK is also on the 4" Evo Enforcer.

rubiDave

How would you guys say the ranch 4in short arm rock crawler system compared to the EVO enforcer? Rancho has a 2in lift as well, but it looks like it just comes with the basics. Is the hassle of going to a 3-inch lift versus a 2-2.5in lift worth it?

I looked at this loft too, before going with EVO. From what I've heard Rancho makes pretty good stuff, but the deciding factors were:
1) no DL flip with the Rancho.
2) Poly bushings vs johnny joints in the control arms (had heard the Rancho bushings were squeaky)
3) I liked the looks of the trackbar brackets with the EVO kit better.
Also, at a 4 inch lift for a daily you'd probably be happier with long arms. The 3 inch enforcer nets just over 4 inch on a 2 door. I do notice some bump steer even with the draglink flip.
The 2 inch Rancho kit comes with stock length shocks, so it doesn't provide any more travel that stock if that's what you're looking for.
Only you can decide if it's worth the hassle and expense. You haven't mentioned what size tires you're planning for - remember to budget for new wheels or wheel spacers and a regear as well!

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using WAYALIFE mobile app

BasClaws

I was almost dead set on buying the EVO lift kit, but today my friend called me asking if I wanted to buy his brand new Mopar 4" lift kit. He said he is selling his jeep and doesn't need it, said the lowest he will take is $1800 and said he paid around $2400 for it. What do you guys think? It looks complete when looking online, front driveshaft, fox shocks, drag link flip, however, it only includes four control arms with cam bolts. I will buy some adj control arms to replace the cam bolts. Keep in mind I want to replace the rough country lift the previous owner installed. I realllly like the EVO lift kits, but I don't have the funds when looking at wheels, tires, and the lift kit.

wjtstudios

Hooked
I was almost dead set on buying the EVO lift kit, but today my friend called me asking if I wanted to buy his brand new Mopar 4" lift kit. He said he is selling his jeep and doesn't need it, said the lowest he will take is $1800 and said he paid around $2400 for it. What do you guys think? It looks complete when looking online, front driveshaft, fox shocks, drag link flip, however, it only includes four control arms with cam bolts. I will buy some adj control arms to replace the cam bolts. Keep in mind I want to replace the rough country lift the previous owner installed. I realllly like the EVO lift kits, but I don't have the funds when looking at wheels, tires, and the lift kit.

It’s apples and oranges. By brother-in-law runs the 2.5” and it’s good. But it’s not the same lift and you, like him, will end up in the future putting an EVO lift in and do it right. So if I were you, stay the course and put the EVO in. Buy once, cry once.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

BasClaws

I went ahead and purchased the mopar lift kit from my buddy. He kept the fox shocks and charged me $550 for everything else NIB. I figured if I didn't like it, I just paid for a new driveshaft and draglink flip kit. My only question now is deciding on control arm relocation brackets or front adjustable control arms. The kit came with 4 (rear?) control arms that look fixed — cam bolts for the front which I do not want to install. Also, what shocks would pair nicely with this setup? DD and weekend off-roader twice a month. My budget is significant for the shocks since I saved so much buying this kit.

cboggs

I don't see a mopar 4" kit that includes control arms, it has 4 swaybar links. I could be wrong, just cant find it. Fox shocks are good or go big and get Kings. As to the control arms vs geometry bracket they really don't do the same thing. Check out the Rancho video on the bracket that will explain.

Last edited:

Jsouder53

Hooked
I went ahead and purchased the mopar lift kit from my buddy. He kept the fox shocks and charged me $550 for everything else NIB. I figured if I didn't like it, I just paid for a new driveshaft and draglink flip kit. My only question now is deciding on control arm relocation brackets or front adjustable control arms. The kit came with 4 (rear?) control arms that look fixed — cam bolts for the front which I do not want to install. Also, what shocks would pair nicely with this setup? DD and weekend off-roader twice a month. My budget is significant for the shocks since I saved so much buying this kit.

I would look into King Shocks (evo spec), but once cry once. But if that’s out of your range, Rancho or Fox make quality shocks as well

Top Bottom