Jk over heating..... Please help...

So I brought the jk to the dlr today and they diagnosed it... Told me it wasn't covered and then charged me $241 to change the radiator cap and said they fixed the problem! Perfect I said... Until the jeep just overheated again............... Someone please help! Tonight if possible!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

jeeeep

Hooked
So I brought the jk to the dlr today and they diagnosed it... Told me it wasn't covered and then charged me $241 to change the radiator cap and said they fixed the problem! Perfect I said... Until the jeep just overheated again............... Someone please help! Tonight if possible!

take it back to the dealer $241 for a cap??? wow...

When I troubleshoot an electrical discrepancy I start with the power source and then check everything in line with it to the end item.

Another item which can be used is heat shrink to keep wires, connectors and relays dry.

Tackerdown

Banned

How did you make out.

Tom & Dee
EVO 4G WAYALIFE.

Beyrgut

Did they charge you for their incompetence for not checking that first or just the labor and parts for the rest? At $240 for a cap I'm scared to ask what they stole from you, they shouldn't be charging you for parts and labor that don't address the issue.

Tackerdown

Banned
Glad you got if fixed and atleast you know you have some new parts and some spare parts now.
I always flush my coil both was , inside out first is usually best and the hardest because your usually moving forward and pushing the muck in . It's also a good idea to flush the mtr. I just spin it while running the water in the slots of the mtr. Then let it dry a little.

Tom & Dee
EVO 4G WAYALIFE.

Did they charge you for their incompetence for not checking that first or just the labor and parts for the rest? At $240 for a cap I'm scared to ask what they stole from you, they shouldn't be charging you for parts and labor that don't address the issue.

They said they pressure tested it and changed the cap and then tested again and it passed... But they also said the cap was filled with mud... That was a lie...

Top Bottom