JK Rear Bumper Reversal

JeepJeep75

Of course you could go have a welder scab on chunks of metal to make a whole new cross member. As mentioned above though, it's where the new metal and welds meet the factory frame that is the trouble. When the jeep frame came from the factory, it was a complete system. That system moves and flexes at a given rate. This movement is calculated into the life of the jeep frame.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile apphit SEND too early.....

Anyways... adding a new cross member will not move and flex the same as the factory member did/does.

BananaJeep

Caught the Bug
That sucks. I like the looks of that bumper but don't know why on earth anyone would cut out the crossmember just for the bumper. I get that it increases departure angle, but I'd rather rub the bumper a little and keep my factory frame.

OP, hope you can get something figured out.

JAMMER1

this. i think they could weld a boxed sleeve over the ends that would be stronger than what was originally on there.
Makes complete sense -- I hadn't thought of a boxed sleeve that would definitely seem stronger. Looking to find a good trailer/ fab shop. I believe I got shut down from liability in the wrong building. Really appreciate the feedback Guys

Sent from my SM-N950U using WAYALIFE mobile app

JAMMER1

That sucks. I like the looks of that bumper but don't know why on earth anyone would cut out the crossmember just for the bumper. I get that it increases departure angle, but I'd rather rub the bumper a little and keep my factory frame.

OP, hope you can get something figured out.
Totally agree!!! Huge problem for a low profile bumper. Would be fine to add the crossmember back in until I saw the slashed ends. Hoping to get something fabbed up. The OEM crossmember was only about $225 online. Chrysler wanted about $350.

Sent from my SM-N950U using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom