JK STEERING HAS ME WANDERING.... I mean wondering

Mal-Adjusted

Update on the progress.
Since my last post, I have had the alignment corrected by the shop that originally built it. They have also changed the unit bearings (as suggested earlier), and replaced the worn-out/broken Rubicon sway bar. It drives a lot better. I haven't had the chance to get it on the interstate yet, but I'm optimistic based on my last test drive. I really appreciate everyone's input. I think the unit bearings may have been the issue all along. If I would have done that first, it may have saved me at least $6K. Live and learn. :gaah:

So....No new news. The new unit bearings did not help. Everything feels tight and the bushings in the track bar look good still. I am concerned about the flex joints in the JKS JFlex LCAs though. Something doesn't look right. I've tried to video any movement while rocking the Jeep side to side or back and forth, but I can't really see any difference. I DO hear a clunking noise when pulling into my driveway though. Definitely sounds like something is loose but haven't been able to narrow it down. I guess the next round of repairs will be new Flex Joints. If that doesn't fix it, maybe new/different front LCAs and UCAs. I'm seriously running out of stuff to replace.

Top Bottom