JK stretch kit

RDE2ROK

Help me out here guys, what are the pros & cons on the two different set ups on coilovers? I will use the 2 door stretch for an example.
1st is the Vengence set up with the coilovers inside the frame at an angle. EVO 12" stretch.

image-1897011334.jpg

image-3841668848.jpg

2nd is a pic I found of the Synergy 8" stretch. The coilovers are mounted outside the frame more verticle like the front would be.

image-1272361526.jpg

image-2636228143.jpg

If you had enough room to run the coilovers outside the frame, then could you use the same bracket as the front from EVO? And would the flex,articulation be the same as the other set up?

TheDuff

I would take a guess that going the evo route, you are able to set a lower height and get more up travel with thier upper mount placement. Just trying to compare the pics, those kings look like a longer coil over to me.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using WAYALIFE mobile app

rtguy1

outboarding the coils is a great way to go if u are willing to put in the effort. it requires alot of work and a ton of space. u need custom width axles to fit them. u need to french the frame rails to fit them as well. if u are willing to cut the tub like vengeance, its the simpliest way to go with excellent results. u can run long coilovers as well.

the rig u are referring to is not a synergy/poly 8" stretch "kit". is has major work and plenty of additional fabrication.

RDE2ROK

outboarding the coils is a great way to go if u are willing to put in the effort. it requires alot of work and a ton of space. u need custom width axles to fit them. u need to french the frame rails to fit them as well. if u are willing to cut the tub like vengeance, its the simpliest way to go with excellent results. u can run long coilovers as well.

the rig u are referring to is not a synergy/poly 8" stretch "kit". is has major work and plenty of additional fabrication.

Yep, my bad! It was a JK for sale, It's not the Synergy 8" stretch kit. I got it mixed up with another one I was looking at. it's quite obvious there was a lot more fabrication involved. I was just comparing it to the V 12" stretch. I am a fan of the EVO coilover setup,I was just trying to understand the different placement ov the coilovers.:beer:

Last edited:
Top Bottom