JK Wrangler Clockspring Replacement DIY Write-Up

Aztecon

@Moochie. I'm new to the forums and don't know how to respond with your history added. Anyhow, I was was just trying to figure things out in case the dealer gives me a hard time because of the 6" lift and 40" tires. Also I have a PSC hydraulic steering kit added. I can already hear them saying no due to the aftermarket parts and it being a waste of my time, even though there is only 19k miles on her.

Moochie

@Moochie. I'm new to the forums and don't know how to respond with your history added. Anyhow, I was was just trying to figure things out in case the dealer gives me a hard time because of the 6" lift and 40" tires. Also I have a PSC hydraulic steering kit added. I can already hear them saying no due to the aftermarket parts and it being a waste of my time, even though there is only 19k miles on her.

Welcome! Hopefully your clock spring will be trouble free. My Jeep is an 08 with over 100,000 miles and I'm on my 3rd one. I haven't done the replacements myself but, watched someone do the last one. It isn't hard to do.

Aztecon

Welcome! Hopefully your clock spring will be trouble free. My Jeep is an 08 with over 100,000 miles and I'm on my 3rd one. I haven't done the replacements myself but, watched someone do the last one. It isn't hard to do.

Thanks bro. Going to at least call the dealer to see if they must cover it.

wetfootnw

Thanks for the write up. The only difference on my '13 was the airbag removal. There are 2 10mm bolts on the sides of the steering wheel to remove and the air bag comes right out.

crowrb29

Thanks bro. Going to at least call the dealer to see if they must cover it.

Did they cover you under warranty? Mine just went out and I'm still under warranty. I have a few mods that aren't quite as significant as yours but every dealership is different....

Top Bottom