J'Kajun Build

JK'AJUN

Might want to save up for a regear too. Added weight and bigger tires. 249 drivetrain in hoist has best price anywhere. Start at $900 for gears and install. Anywhere around Lafayette or anywhere in LA will be about $1800-2000

Once I decide to run 35s, i'll look into regearing. I have a local shop (family friend) that can do the install for really cheap. When I had my F150 and wanted to put 4.56s, I bought gears online and he charged me $100 for the labor. So i'll probably go the same route with the Jeep.

And tonight I ordered my exhaust and a Superchips Flashcal to help with the 33s I have now...

Yea I forgot you were running 295. The superchips helps a bunch. I run my 35s with no regear (regear next on list preferably before bumpers) and can pretty much stay at 70-75 on interstate below 2000 rpm. Much more drivable. Sure you are looking on the forums for one. Wished I still lived down there I'd join that install party.

JK'AJUN

Few pics from today... We forgot to measure the height before. But it lifted it well over 2.5". I'm sure it'll settle as I start adding more weight to it.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1372637832.488721.jpg

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1372637869.419777.jpg

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1372637883.065500.jpg

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1372637917.322798.jpg

Few pics from today... We forgot to measure the height before. But it lifted it well over 2.5". I'm sure it'll settle as I start adding more weight to it.

View attachment 37698

View attachment 37699

View attachment 37700

View attachment 37701

Well that's the great thing bout rock krawler. They don't really settle from what I keep hearing. That's why I'm wanting to change to them because of the progressive spring rate. I did put my bilsteins on also and love them over the 9550s I had. So much better. But you have the setup I want.

JK'AJUN

Well that's the great thing bout rock krawler. They don't really settle from what I keep hearing. That's why I'm wanting to change to them because of the progressive spring rate. I did put my bilsteins on also and love them over the 9550s I had. So much better. But you have the setup I want.

I love how it rides. The roads are terrible here, but I have noticed an improvement. I also installed the Dynomax Competition exhaust. At first it sounded pretty "ricer", but after the 1.5 hour drive home, it's toned down a bit. Hopefully it'll just keep getting deeper sounding as it breaks in.

I love how it rides. The roads are terrible here, but I have noticed an improvement. I also installed the Dynomax Competition exhaust. At first it sounded pretty "ricer", but after the 1.5 hour drive home, it's toned down a bit. Hopefully it'll just keep getting deeper sounding as it breaks in.

Oh I know exactly how the roads are there. I unfortunately just moved back to Shreveport from down there. Lived in Lafayette area for past 9 years.

Beyrgut

They exhaust doesn't exactly tone down but it does vary with rpm, just got to find the sweet spot. I don't notice the ricey spots as much as I did when I first installed it but then again my skinny pedal usage changed as well from looking for and locking in on what I wanted to hear. As for the RK springs, I love my 3.5s and went with them over the 2.5s knowing the 100lb front and 190lb rear bumper from ACE plus Nitto 35 Spare would lower in back down. It settled very little once I got everything installed and the biggest factor was when I dropped the PSI down in the tires from 42 to 28.

Top Bottom