JKU Custom Tail Lights

John Joyce

Thought I'd share my custom made tail lights on my 2012 JKU. These are a Whelen 600 series linear LEDs on a Warrior Products blank housing. Since these are only red the floods below the bumper are used as my reverse lights but can be turned on manually as well. I had an LED emergency flasher laying around so I decided to wire that in as well (video). The brakes and turn signals activate a signal alert flash during the day and it is disabled at night to cut down on blinding drivers. Resistors are installed to eliminate hyper flash.

IMG_2445.JPG

JeepJeep75

Those definitely grab attention. You might wanna look into the vehicle code for your state about reflectors. I know from being pulled over years ago in Cali that if your rear lights do not reflect red (the reflected light from a headlight behind you can't be completely clear) it's not legal. The lens and housing can be clear, but it must reflect some sort of red light on the back.

John Joyce

You might wanna look into the vehicle code for your state about reflectors. I know from being pulled over years ago in Cali that if your rear lights do not reflect red (the reflected light from a headlight behind you can't be completely clear) it's not legal. The lens and housing can be clear, but it must reflect some sort of red light on the back.

On it. A day or two after taking pics and vid my roll of red 3M reflective tape came in and I wrapped the back just above the bumper around to the sides.

Pursesnatcher

This would be such an awesome POV setup! But be careful, JeepJeep is right... You can look up the laws for your state and almost anything with an LED strobe must be specified, registered and have a purpose

Top Bottom