JKU2013-Automatic won't start! With full Strength Battery.

rumblebee3

Caught the Bug
Thanks for the advice....I figured it was either the battery or the alternator.

I just left the jeep running for approximately 40min in my driveway, turned it off and tried to self start it again...it turned on for about 0.5sec and didn't even let me start the vehicle.

I'm hoping it's the battery....I guess I'll pull it out and find a place to get it tested. Any idea how much this would cost?

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app
No problem! Sorry just now saw this but looks like everyone else has posted as well. Definitely check the connections... Didn't even think about that. Great advice from everyone. I wouldn't sweat it. Minor glitch and definitely would spring for an AGM battery. I believe the Optima Yellow tops are ideal for the application you're going to use it for. They can sustain better loads as far as discharge and recharge but the Optima Red Top is a good choice as well. I have an Optima red top that came in our 08 Rubicon JKU we just purchased and already looking at doing a dual battery setup with a Optima Yellow top to run all the accessories. If this didn't have a red top already in it I would be doing one at a time just because they are very pricey

Sent from my XT1585 using WAYALIFE mobile app

jeeeep

Hooked
What are you doing in the mean time?

Have you tried to turn it on over the past week? Does it turn on at all or is the dash completely blank?

Luckily I have 2 vehicles, and don't have to rely on the jeep to get around.

I guess the battery is just over 4years old (49,000 miles)

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

check the connections as a 1st, make sure everything is tight and the clamps on the posts are seated and tight.

I had a similar issue with my Sears Diehard Platinum , wouldn't start but a quick jump and all was good for a little while.

Had the battery tested on one location they told me the battery was good and it was likely my alternator/started. Didn't buy into that reasoning because I could jump it, it would start quick, alternator was showing full output and battery was at full charge when not running.

Took it to another autoparts store for testing and the guy there knew how to properly use the tester.

He tested the cranking amps and that's where the problem was - battery was mostly good but did not have enough CCA to turn it over.

At 4yo the battery is likely at EOL as well.

VeruGE*144

Caught the Bug
I had the same thing happen to me in the off-road park last year (factory battery) . After wheeling all day and was ready to leave I went to use the bathroom and when I came back and tried to start my jeep it my battery was fried. It was still showing a good voltage but wouldn't start, the starter wouldn't even engage. At least it didn't happen in the woods.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Frydaddy

If its a connection issue, the clamp might not be tight, and a jump start would bypass this issue.
For checking your connections, here is a handy wiring reference

Battery_Terminals.jpg

You too BruggyMonster
I had this happen literally last weekend, I never checked the voltage but I'm pretty sure my battery is dying so I'm getting a new one
Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom