JKUR 2014 over heating or coolant

Kilroy

Kilroy what's the temp on it now after you changed the pump

I site at around 205 to 225 after that. But now have a C&R radiator because the stock was leaking and I don't bring my jeep to dealer. Last time I did I had to fix there screw ups. But anyway sorry that did fix my issue.

Jtvegas

I'm in Vegas where it gets real hot and just driving around or off-roading my heat gauge is always good. The only time I notice my gauge go up is when I'm driving highway speeds while climbing in elevation like driving up the mountain to Tahoe. It never last and the gauge will shoot back down. My previous jk did the same thing so probably just 3.6. Pentastar

2nd.gunman

Caught the Bug
I dunno mine is always between 210 and 240 on the evic but never goes much past 1/2 on the gauge. Been like that since new.

Kilroy

Mine sits at 199-205 no mater what I do to it even if it's 85 out have not had a chance in 100 weather yet. But that's after an upgrade.[emoji12]I love it still need to change when the fan comes on they want me to change it to come on low at 185 high at 210

WJCO

Meme King
Stay with the manufacturer recommended thermostat. Lower temp ones can trick the computer and cause abnormal driveability symptoms.

HeadShrinkerMD

Like I said I ended up bleeding mine 4 times in one day, the final time I used some gentle throttle once the engine was at temp. That seemed to really do the trick, and make a huge mess.

The first 2 times I bled it there were plenty of bubbles escaping the radiator cap with overflowing fluid, the third time not much happened and I thought the system must be totally bled but it was still overheating so I gave it a final bleed and it worked perfectly.

Grumpy-jk

Going to try bleeding it out before I take it to the dealer tomorrow...drove it today it was 55 deg nice and cool out this morning and it still ran at 226-228

Grumpy-jk

Sorry for the delay...third time it's been at the dealer took it in this past Wednesday it was 65° outside nice and cool temperature went up to 235..on a 20 minute drive..dealer called today say that all was fine and that STARS that's the "TECH" guys at Chrysler said that it was normal for the temp yo reach "235-245" then they said that my aftermarket bumper and winch was restricting the air flow...I told them once again that in the two years I've owned it with all the after market parts on it I've never had a problem with the temp passing "198-200" tops,,, I'm sure this pissed him off..I asked him what was the difference between a service tech and a back yard mechanic?? He didn't know I told him that if they can't find the problem in the books they have then it don't exist a back yard mechanic will figure it out and fix it.... as I see it they will hire anyone and call then techs... hate to do it but I'll have to call out LEMON LAW on this one[emoji37][emoji37]..

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

jeeeep

Hooked
my 2010 heats up and spills out the overflow, doesn't run hot but it spews out the overflow

I've noticed it's worse on inclines when wheeling

Top Bottom