Jkx - memorial day weekend 2016

mastrcruse

Streams and more Streams...was a blast. Great kudos to Mel and the sponsors for pulling off such a great event. Someone got so lucky on the raffle haha. Went home with a 50" light bar, ARB fridge, and $100 PSC gift card. I didn't win anything but the shirts are awesome! Haha.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    148.9 KB · Views: 197

el_chupo_

Was a great time. Ive heard between 65 and 70 jeeps. A couple pics I took in the Jeep, and some that our trail guide's wife took:

1.jpg 4.jpg 5.jpg 6.jpg 17.jpg IMG_2943.jpg jx2.jpg

el_chupo_

Mud Graps?

I followed you for a bit before lunch, I think. I was in one of the many red rubicons. Had one of the trail guide helper/spotters with me most of the day.

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
I saw a video on facebook about the trip, sure looked like a great time but wow thats a lot of rigs to show up.

Sithwindu

I saw a video on facebook about the trip, sure looked like a great time but wow thats a lot of rigs to show up.

The max was 75 registered but I beleive 4 rigs dropped off due to extreme weather coming in. There was 4 different groups. Easy, 2 medium and 1 hard. The hard group had about 12 I beleive the first day. I ran the medium group and I think we had about 15-20, it can be a slow ride with that many rigs! Lol but the weather was nice and the streams and riviera and falls were flowing! So it made for a nice day

el_chupo_

The max was 75 registered but I beleive 4 rigs dropped off due to extreme weather coming in. There was 4 different groups. Easy, 2 medium and 1 hard. The hard group had about 12 I beleive the first day. I ran the medium group and I think we had about 15-20, it can be a slow ride with that many rigs! Lol but the weather was nice and the streams and riviera and falls were flowing! So it made for a nice day

First time I've ever been with a group that big (just our run group), and there was some slow points. Seems like about every obstacle we would end up separating the group as I would get through, go forward, and then the trial guide riding with me would help the rest through an area. Not that I wasnt taking advantage of his help either! But it was a great time, and it was great weather for it. And not nearly as much mud as I thought there would be.

mastrcruse

We had 10 on the first day and 11 on the 2nd. I've wheeled with groups this size and none of them have moved fast. It was fun and relaxing. Gave us an opp to meet new people. I think the number of rigs was perfect...all flavors and styles of wheeling and rigs.

mastrcruse

The second day we ran TRO and then couldn't get up the hill so we took another creek back to the park road. The maps aren't much use due to all the rain so not sure the names of the other trails we ran.

Sithwindu

What trails did you guys run? Looks like an awesome time!

The first day our medium group ran carnage canyon, no name, Royal gorge, and falls.

I think the hard group just did tro and we all met and went up jody's to get to the tower.

The next day I wanna say the hard group did midnight run, bronco buster, and maybe Jeffs?

DWiggles

Caught the Bug
The second day we ran TRO and then couldn't get up the hill so we took another creek back to the park road. The maps aren't much use due to all the rain so not sure the names of the other trails we ran.

The first day our medium group ran carnage canyon, no name, Royal gorge, and falls.

I think the hard group just did tro and we all met and went up jody's to get to the tower.

The next day I wanna say the hard group did midnight run, bronco buster, and maybe Jeffs?

Cool! sounds like an awesome trip! I havent been there sense the last bit of rain, which is why I'm asking... usually the park changes quite a bit after a heavy rain :thumb:

Looks like a good time!

Oh Yes! Perfect! Watching now! Thanks for posting

Sithwindu

Cool! sounds like an awesome trip! I havent been there sense the last bit of rain, which is why I'm asking... usually the park changes quite a bit after a heavy rain :thumb:

The park can change drastically with weather! Some day left side of Jeffs is impossible other days it's a breeze, something with loose rock and wildcat hah

mastrcruse

This is the first time I've been to this park and one of the Rangers said this exact thing.

He said some 2's are now 5's and 5's are now 2's, followed by, some 3's are now 7's haha

Top Bottom