JLU TPMS when airing down

Mat Noble

My daughter has a 2020 JLU that the TPMS system low pressure alert illuminates in the dash and audio alert comes on strong when tires are deflated.
Is there a way to turn this notification off when offroading? Or do we need to purchase a programmer?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
My daughter has a 2020 JLU that the TPMS system low pressure alert illuminates in the dash and audio alert comes on strong when tires are deflated.
Is there a way to turn this notification off when offroading? Or do we need to purchase a programmer?
Unfortunately, even with something like a Tazer, the lowest you can set it is 25 psi. Anything below that and you will still get the TPMS warning on your EVIC. Sucks but what can you do.

Upvote 0
Weird… mine comes up with the warning once after I’ve aired down, but then I switch the view to off-road or something else and it stays that way until I cycle the jeep.

Upvote 0
Don't know if it can be done with a Tazer or another OBD programmer on the JL but I actually completely turned off the system on my JK and removed the TPMS sensors and changed to standard valve stems when I swapped wheels.

I monitor my tire pressure the old school way with an air pressure guage and can run whatever PSI I want with no warning light at all, but if you like the convenience of what you can see on the EVIC your best bet is probably what Eddie said. 👍

Upvote 0

JimLee

Hooked
On my 19 after I air down it'll give me a few chimes and the light, but after driving for a little bit it just gives me the light and stops yelling at me. It does it again if I stop and restart, but doesn't last long.

Upvote 0

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Weird… mine comes up with the warning once after I’ve aired down, but then I switch the view to off-road or something else and it stays that way until I cycle the jeep.
This is correct. You can change the EVIC screen but if you turn the engine off and turn it back on again, the TPMS warning will come up again.

Upvote 0

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Don't know if it can be done with a Tazer or another OBD programmer on the JL but I actually completely turned off the system on my JK and removed the TPMS sensors and changed to standard valve stems when I swapped wheels.

I monitor my tire pressure the old school way with an air pressure guage and can run whatever PSI I want with no warning light at all, but if you like the convenience of what you can see on the EVIC your best bet is probably what Eddie said. 👍
Yes, this is always an option too. (y)

Upvote 0

Mat Noble

Thank you for your feedback

Upvote 0

-sean-

Jscan. With a minimal investment, around $50, you can turn the system off and on with your phone. You also have the option to change the threshold at which the systems alert is activated.

Upvote 0
Top Bottom